FIFTEEN

Missed opportunities is not the end,
There are more openings,
It just wasn't your time.

You were beating yourself up for not telling him. What was I thinking? He probably doesn't like me back.....he's hella old. But still! You flopped back on the bed, staring the ceiling hopelessly. You took this time to let Emerson out of her terrarium and onto the bed. As you contemplated in silence, a noise echoed through the lair. Is he back?

"Pitch?" A voice called out. You slapped your hand over your mouth. You scooped Emerson and gently put her back in her terrarium. You snuck out to peek around the corner. It was a teen with a odd looking stick.

"My my, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Pitch emerged from the shadows.

"We need to discuss something."

"Please, indulge me."

"Have you been spreading fear?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Look, children are losing hope and belief. Sandy went in to check up on children, only to see they were in some kind of trance....they looked scared."

"My fearlings and nightmares were all on their best behaviors. You can ask Sandy." Pitch sneered. "You can't just blame me."

"You're the only one with that kind of capability."

"What? I have to be supervised now?" Pitch growled.

"That's not what I meant."

"Then please, explain what you mean?"

"The Guardians want to bring you in for a....meeting."

"No."

"Pitch-"

"I refuse." He growled. You slumped against the wall.

"You don't have any other choice, unless you can prove your innocence."

"Fine. I'll attend the meeting." Pitch snarled and turned around abruptly.

"I can prove his innocence." You stepped out and walked towards the two. The teenager lowered his stick as Pitch stared at you in concern. "It wasn't him."

"[Y/N], I can handle this." Pitch whispered, but you dismissed him and walked up to the teen.

"I've been with him this entire week. He's never done anything like that or I would've heard or saw it."

"And who are you?"

"Oh I'm [Y/N]. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Jack Frost....wait, you're human."

"Yeah."

"And an adult."

"Yes-"

"And you can see me? And him?"

"Yeah."

"Woah!" His face brightened and the entire mood shifted. You were taken by surprise at his energy. You immediately felt a sense of joy. "That's so cool! How do you know about us?"

"Well, I didn't know about you until Pitch told me."

"Oh, huh. And how did you know about Pitch?"

"My friend's mom told me about him as a bedtime story."

"Wow! That's awesome! I never had an adult believer....well, I never had another believer that wasn't a child. But anyways, what's it like being an adult?"