Chapter 1: Offline

Editor's note:

Hello everyone, my name is CircularCreations and I'm here to bring you an Owl House fanfic that I have been writing and publishing for a while now: Missing. Now i just want to say some things before I continue.

I have already published most of this story already. In fact I'm only posting it up here for anyone who doesn't use AO3. I'll be publishing the chapters daily until I'm at where I am now, but if you want to read how the story goes so far, you can go over to AO3 and read it. My account is the same: CircularCreations and the name is also the same: Missing. I'm at Chapter 9 at the moment, and I'll be publishing chapter 10 soon.

I also have an instagram where I post my art for this story and some other stuff. I usually make announcements for this story and any other projects I decide to do, so if you're interested in checking that out, my instagram is _circularcreations_.

Anyways for this story, I'll be uploading daily since this story is already ongoing elsewhere, so you Wattpad people don't need to wait too long if you choose not to use AO3.

Anyways, I'm done blabbing on, I hope you enjoy this story, and I'll see you next time! -CircularCreations

-----------------------------------------

She hasn't answered yet.

It's been about 5 hours.

She should've responded by then. 

She has to be okay…

Right? 

This was the 5th time in the day that Amity started thinking bad again. Hours before, her and Luz were having a conversation on Penstagram, chatting about what just happened with the Emperor and Eda and everything else. Luz explained to her that she managed to take on a lot of guards and even the emperor, and managed to save Eda's life, but it cost her destroying the portal to the human realm. 

Amity felt a pang of pain course through her blood. She knew that must've been a tough decision for Luz to make. With no way to get back to her world, luz has no idea if and when she'll be back home. Although Luz tried to brush it off as just another obstacle she can overthrow, she can tell even through the text that the girl was in pain from the thought of possibly never seeing her world again. Amity also thought about Luz's mother. Luz had to be worried about her. Her mother doesn't even know she's here, now Luz is missing from home. Amity couldn't imagine that as a good thought for Luz either.

At a certain point of chatting, Luz went silent, and eventually her profile went offline. 

Amity hasn't heard from her when she suddenly went offline hours ago. At first, she didn't think that much of it. After all, the girl just went through so much in the past 24 hours, surely she had a lot on her mind, and on her hands, as now Lilith and Eda can't perform magic on their own.

But as the hours passed by, the more fear gripped onto Amity's subconscious for the girl's well being. As someone who faced off the Emperor and lived, Amity knew that Luz was a wanted person, and she knew the emperor would throw whatever he could just to get her, and everyone in the Owl House. She tried very hard to give it the benefit of the doubt, but hours passed, and that thought became extremely hard to put off. 

Frustrated and scared, Amity had enough of theorizing. Any more of it and she would've gone insane in that bed. Grabbing her crutch next to her bed, she pulled herself up and proceeded to the door. Even though her doctor said that being in bed was the best for her to heal, she wasn't gonna let fear take her over all day long. She wanted answers, so she was gonna check in on Luz and co at the Owl House and verify that they were fine.