What Are You Hiding?

The blackness slowly faded, shoved to the side by the blue. Was I in the ocean? Swimming, most definitely, in that blue with the black night sky to guide me. No stars, no moon- just the blue, the black, and me.

"She's waking up."

The voice sounded familiar, but there was nobody else around me. The blue, the black, and I now had a new friend: my confusion.

Gray clouds coated the sky, light beginning to break through, and then I was awake again.

"Oh good, you're awake!" Jordan let out, wearing a concerned smile.

The confusion was still there, but it was no longer visible in the form of clouds. The black of the night sky was scattered around as she leaned over me, and the blue of the ocean met my gaze. I let out a small chuckle at the realization.

"Oh my God is she choking?" I heard Adriana from around the door.

This made me laugh harder.

"Here," she said, the attitude in her voice very evident. Jordan looked away from me and took something from her hand.

"Sit up and drink this."

I wordlessly sat up against the wall and took the cup from her. It was just water, which I sipped down quickly.

"Feel better?"

I nodded.

"You passed out. Luckily, I saw you when you were going down, and I caught your head before you made a hole in the back of your skull."

"Or my wall," Adriana added.

"You can leave," the first words to leave my mouth.

"It's my room."

"Okay, and?"

She rolled her eyes but walked out.

Jordan laughed and turned back to me. "Why do you think you passed out?"

"I'm not sure," I looked down, slightly embarrassed.

"I know you ate plenty, but had you had any water?"

"Uh," I kept my gaze away from her. "That is an awfully good question. Wish I had an answer for you."

She playfully hit my shoulder. "You need to hydrate regularly. Not drinking water is so bad for you!"

"In my defense, I did try to get water..." I trailed off, knowing that she was very aware of what I was talking that.

"Yeah, that's unfortunate."

"When did I pass out. I know I went to get away from that situation, and then we were in here talking. I don't remember what we were talking about. but I know I went out then."

She was the one to avoid my eyes this time which made me suspicious and uncomfortable. Jordan was a very open and honest person. She only avoided eye contact if she was embarrassed or it was something she didn't want to say. "Umm," her eyes matched my gaze only for a second before they tore away again.

She closed her mouth, and I knew she wasn't going to say anything. I did the only thing I could think of. "I'll ask Adriana."

Her eyes widened. "No!" Her cheeks turned red in response to her outburst. "Sorry, I just don't think that is a good idea. It'll raise a lot of questions.

"Such as?"

She sighed, still not looking at me but instead fidgeting with a lose string from the blanket. "Such as why the thought of her sister being with her own boyfriend made you uncomfortable enough to pass out."