What Just Happened?

"Wow," she smiled.

   "Left you speechless, huh?" I teased.

   "Shut up," she laughed and playfully hit my arm. "Don't get so full of yourself."

   "Only if you promise to not get a crush on me."

   "Your ego could not be any bigger," she rolled her eyes, despite the smile that stayed on her face, and stood up. "I'm gonna go grab some snacks. Try to talk to Addy, she's probably all butt hurt that you spent the day with me."

   "Bring me a cutie please!"

   "Be back here in 10 minutes, and we'll see if you get a cutie. Tell her we're going to watch a movie or something, all three of us."

   I nodded and stood in the doorframe, watching her make her way up the stairs.

   Wow.

   After taking a moment to collect myself, I made my way down the hall and gently pushed Adriana's door in since it was cracked open.

   "Shit, sorry!" I turned around, about to leave.

   "It's nothing you haven't seen before," Adriana said from behind me.

   "I know, but just I- I should have knocked."

   "You've seen me in less clothing than this in the locker room."

   "But this isn't the locker room. It's your bed room, and I should have knocked."

   "I literally could not care less. Turn around."

   "Are you dressed?"

   "You're such a baby, turn around."

   I turned around slowly and instantly felt my face redden. I looked down to the ground, doing my best to ignore the sight in front of me. "Just because there is more fabric does not mean that it covers more. That is completely transparent! You might as well be naked."

   "You don't like?"

   "Might like it too much," I mumbled to myself.

   "What was that?"

   "Why are you wearing lingerie?"

   "Why not?"

   "Because... Well, I don't really know. I guess I just mean why are you wearing it right now... with nothing else?"

   "My bed room, remember?"

   I sighed. "Well, Ariana wanted me to let you know that we are going to watch a movie."

    "Thanks."

   "Mhm," I said. An awkward silence fell on us momentarily. "I'm gonna, ya know..." I pointed to the door.

   "Y/n wait," she gently grabbed onto my arm.

   I raised an eyebrow at her.

   "I'm sorry for acting the way I did today. When I'm tired I get grumpy and.... I don't really know. I mean, I love my sister, but I've spent my whole life sharing everything with her. I guess you're the one thing I wanted to keep to myself."

   "Addy, I-"

   She cut me off, quick to correct her mistake, "Not that you're a thing! I don't own you; you're your own person. I just, I mean, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted how I did. It was rude and immature, and you didn't deserve it. No excuses."

   I smiled and nodded. "I forgive you. Don't do it again though, or I'll pee in your bed."

   She laughed and shook her head. "I can't even tell if you're joking or not, but what kind of threat is that?"

   I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Shut up. I'm leaving."

   She laughed harder and slapped my butt.

   "Hey!" I shouted and turned around.

   Without thinking, my hand immediately met her backside in retaliation, earning a loud slap from the contact and eliciting a moan from Adriana.

   Holy fuck.

   My body froze, my hand still on her barely covered posterior.

   There was a long pause as we processed what had just happened.

   "It-it gives me confidence."

   "What?"

   "Wearing the lingerie. It makes me feels sexy."

    I was totally unsure of what to say, and it came to my attention that I had yet to move my hand.

   "Do you think it makes me look sexy?"

   Her voice had gone down an octave or two and sent chills down my spine. I nodded, not at all trusting my voice.

   "Say it. Tell me I look sexy."

   "You-You look sexy," I stuttered out.

   Neither of us moved or broke eye contact.

   Out of nervous habit, I bit my bottom lip. Her eyes flickered down to the movement, and she leaned in.

   I sucked in a breath and closed my eyes, awaiting the touch of her lips against my own.

   "What's taking you guys so long? Come pick a movie already," Ariana shouted down the hall.

   We both jumped slightly and stepped apart. I began blushing like an idiot again and managed out a, "I'm gonna go."

   "I'll get dressed," she murdered.

   I nodded my head and walked out, shutting the door behind me.

   I took a deep breath and walked into Ariana's room, doing my best to contain myself.

   "You good?" she asked.

   "Yeah, I'm fine."

   I am anything but fine. What just happened?