Chapter Twenty Nine

Word Count- 3063

JACOB'S POV

I'm safety tucked inside Aaron's arms. I can hear his breaths get heavier and his heart rate quickens. He's so close to getting his memories back. I'm so very close to getting the boy I love back. I hate Samuel. With every fiber of my being. I want to strangle him in his sleep. He had no reason to do that to Aaron. None at all. It was me he was after, not him. Why couldn't he have taken my memories away? Aaron doesn't deserve to suffer through this. A deep scowl forms on my face and I pull away from Aaron. He doesn't pull me back...it's fine. I start to pace around the table, tucked into the corner of the library. My feet quickly walk along the ground, footsteps quietly echoing. It just doesn't make any sense, why Samuel caused Aaron to suffer when I was the one he was after. I can't wrap my head around it. A sigh escapes my lips and I shake my head, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look around the room to see all of the Professors and the Headmaster are huddled together tightly, voices hushed and in whispers. I wonder what they are saying? Suddenly, someone grabs my hand and pulls me close to them. I flinch away, trying to pull out of their touch.

"Jacob. It's just me." Aaron states in a whisper. I immediately stop struggling.

"Sorry." I mumble quietly.

"You have no need to be sorry. I just have a few things I want to talk to you about. That's all." He says, grabbing my hand and pulling me away and out of sight from everyone else. Once we turn the corner around a bookshelf, Aaron pushes me softly against the hard wood. My breath hitches in my throat and my heart beats faster inside my chest. I look up to see Aaron staring sorrowfully down at me.

"Jacob I-I am so sorry. I don't know how many times I pushed or shoved you away, but I'm sorry. I was being stupid and careless and it was the absolutely the wrong thing to do. You know the stupid stereotype where Slytherins are supposed to be mean to everyone? Well, my parents told me that I had to follow that 'rule'. And I did. I stupidly followed all of their rules and I would like to personally apologize for my mistakes towards you and your friend. You deserve better than that." Aaron says sadly, dark grey eyes looking down at me, searching my face. My mouth is slightly agape and I am speechless.

"I-I..." I start to say but can't find the right words to say. He grabs my hands then, pulling them up so he can see my palms. Even in the dim light of the library, you can still see the silver lines that are permanently etched into my skin. The scars people have caused me. He gently starts to run his fingers on the different scars along my palm and I a shiver runs though my arm. Goosebumps appear on my arm and flow all the at down my legs.

"I'm so sorry." Aaron says, and starts to pull away from me.

"No, wait!" I say grabbing his hand and pulling him back towards me. My arms immediately wrap around his waist as I pull him into a bone crushing hug. I feel his arms wrap around my shoulders tightly. "Thank you, A-Aaron." I say, my voice cracking. He stays silent for a few moments.

"Why does this feel so comfortable?" He mumbles at me, chin resting on the top of my head.

"You'll see in a bit." I tell him, a small chuckle escapes my lips. I'm so close to getting my Aaron back to me. Suddenly, the door to the library slams open and I hear two sets of footsteps rush into the room. Aaron and I jump apart. I feel heat quickly rush to my cheeks and I look down, trying and failing to keep a small smile off my lips. Aaron grabs my hand and pulls me towards the two Professors who have just entered the room. As soon as we come around the corner though and in view of everyone else, he lets go of my hand. I think nothing of it because Professor Malfoy and Potter have returned with the bottle of Veritaserum. I can see that Professor Potter is holding onto the bottle with such a tight grip, I'm afraid he's going to shatter the bottle in his hand. Professor Malfoy must think the same because he gently grabs the bottle from his hand and gives him a soft smile, which Professor Potter returns immediately. Aaron slowly walks towards Samuel, muscles tense and hands shaking greatly. I walk quickly up to him and intertwine our hands together. He visibly relaxes and starts to lean against me more. I look up at him to see his eyes looking very tired all of a sudden. I give his hand a light squeeze. The corner of his mouth twitches upward.