Chapter Seventeen

Word Count-2000

JACOB'S POV

I walk slowly up to where Headmaster Granger is standing. There's a proud smile placed upon her lips. My smile is just as equally big.

"Congratulations." She says. I glance at her eyes to see worry written all over them. I quickly look away. There will be no worrying for me. Not today or for the near future. I hold my head up higher, heading straight for the door where the other champions are. I open the door and quietly walk through. The other champions are staring right at me. As I walk down the other stairs, I hear a wave of voices come from behind me. I jump, hearing the other two students snicker. I roll my eyes.

"Congratulations to the three of you." I hear Headmaster Granger say.

"Thank you." I tell her.

"Thanks." Clara says.

"Now, as I'm sure you heard that these Tasks will be much more emotionally draining than physically. I would say that is worse. People have died during this Tournament and I shall have no one dying this year." She takes a quick glance at me and then at Professor Potter. Professor Malfoy has a hand wrapped around his waist and is whispering in his ear. Tears are streaked down Professor Potters face. He's looking directly at me. I glance behind me to see no one is there. I look back at Professor Potter and see he has him mouth open like he's about to stay something. He closes it and take a deep breath.

"I will be the one who puts the Triwizard Cup in place this year. No one else will do it. I don't want to risk anything." He says, his voice is cracking. "There hasn't been a Hufflepuff champion in decades." He says to himself, though everyone hears him.

"Of course Harry. Draco keep an eye on him, he needs your support right now." Headmaster Granger says. "Yes, there hasn't been a champion from Hufflepuff in years, but we will not dwell on the past. The first task will be held next week on Friday night. Meet near The Care of Magical Creatures classroom at midnight." The Headmaster says. She waves her hand and shoos us out of the room. The other students go right in front of me and the door, not even bothering to hold it open. I almost walk straight into it.

"He can't be in the tournament." I hear Professor Potter say. "Don't you remember what happened to Ced...to the last Hufflepuff who participated in this competition. He died. I cannot go though that again. Once is enough." He says. My ears perk up and in that moment I decide to stay in the room.

"Love, everything will be okay. He will be fine." Professor Malfoy says to Professor Potter.

"But what if he isn't. What if he's another Cedric. I don't want his friends to go through what I had to go through." He says.

"He's very skilled in Defense against the Dark Arts." Professor Lovegood says.

"Herbology as well." Professor Longbottom tells everyone.

"Also potions. Granted there are better, but he is good enough." Professor Malfoy says.

" Harry, he is strong and will get through the tournament just fine. Besides, he has his friends. You know they will help him." Headmaster Granger says.

"I believe we have a stowaway." I hear Professor Weasley say, footsteps echoing behind me. I turn around and look up to see him staring right down at me.

"You heard all of that?" Professor Malfoy asks. I nod my head.

"I'm sorry. They just didn't open the door for me and then I heard you talking about me, so I stayed. It won't happen again." I tell them, looking down.

"It's okay, I believe some of your friends would like to speak to you now." Professor Lovegood says. She flicks her wrist towards the door and it opens. My eyes widen as I stare as her. She smiles and pushes me out the door.