Chapter Twenty Six

Word Count- 2188

AARON'S POV

I'm so confused. Why is this all happening to me? Who are all theses people? Most importantly, why does everyone hate me? After the little stunt I pulled with the Hufflepuff at the Triwizard Tournament, everyone keeps giving me dirty looks and glares. For the past three weeks I've been trying to figure everything out, without acting strange in any way. Apparently, I have already acted weird and everyone hates me for it. I deep sigh escapes my lips as I place my head into my hands. I woke up a few moments ago. I don't even recall falling asleep. Then it hits me. Then I remember. Seven years of my memory has been taken from me. All of it gone. My teenage years all gone. I blink a few times, trying to stop the tears from falling. Slytherin's don't cry. The voice in my head says. Still, that doesn't stop them from falling. A sob escapes my lips and echos around the room. Why did it have to be me? What bastard decided to take my memories away? God, when I found out who, they are dead. Another sob escapes. I never used to cry like this. What changed? Everything apparently. I wonder if my parents know? If so, I don't think they would care.

"This is so stupid!" I shout at the white room, my voice cracking. Everything around me looks so unfamiliar and I'm just confused about everything. Nothing makes any sense to me. I tried going to my classes but everything was just so hard and I couldn't keep up with anything. The spells, potions, and charms we are learning right now are all so advanced that I can never do them. Everyone always whispers about me. I hear that I was once the best. Better than everyone. What happened, I hear them say. I want to know the same thing. My thoughts grow hazy the deeper I venture into my mind. I don't notice the door opening. I don't realize it's a person. I don't notice the pained look that goes over their face when they see me. I don't notice when they come and sit beside me. I don't feel the bed dip. But then, when I feel their arms wrap around me and feel their head pressed against the back of my neck, do I notice him. My own tears dissolve quickly and my sobs become quiet. However, the boy behind me doesn't seem to care that his tears are getting the back of my shirt wet. His sobs are gut wrenching and even I, as a Slytherin, don't have the heart to tell him to move. They echo loudly around the room. Eventually, they slowly stop and I feel him pull away.

"Oh sh-shoot." I hear him mumble. "I-I'm so sorry. I completely f-forgot." He stutters and I feel him pull away. I feel an odd pang in my chest. I want to pull him closer to me. Strange? I turn around to see who it is. A gasp escapes my throat. The boy sitting behind me is the Hufflepuff  who I shoved at the Tournament. His eyes look so hollow and his cheeks look like they have sunken into his skin, which is a deathly shade of white. My eyes widen in surprise. I immediately turn around to face him, some instinct inside telling me I have to find out what's wrong.

"Are you okay?" I ask him hesitantly. I have no idea what our relationship was before my memories were taken. Everyone keeps telling me though, that we were together. In a relationship. We were boyfriends. I never would have thought that'd be me. 
He shakes his head quickly and pulls his legs up to his chest, arms wrapped tightly around his knees. My mouth forms a grimace as I feel my arm start to move forward. I stop it... instead I run it through my hair.

"Gah!" I say, pulling my hand out of my now ruffled hair. "Stupid." I mutter to myself. It's the small things I do that are different that confuse me the most. Before I wouldn't have done that but more and more I catch myself doing odd little things. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jacob staring at me. My cheeks heat up and I quickly try and smooth my hair down. I hear a small chuckle and my gaze looks up at Jacob. The sun is shining down behind him and his face is shrouded is shadows. He looks so lonely and broken, sitting there with tears falling down his face. Then I see his eyes. They are shining a bright blue and for some reason I can't look away. For a short brief moment, I don't feel so lost anymore. Maybe everything could be okay.