Chapter Five

Word Count- 1663

JACOB'S POV

At least I thought nothing could ruin my day today. One of the Hufflepuff students told Professor Longbottom that I stole the two flowers from class. A little too loyal if you ask me. Now I have one week of detention in Herbology. Since no one has ever gotten detention in his class before, he had to make up a new punishment. He decided that since I stole two flowers with a very nice smell, that I had to sit in a room filled with the most awful disgusting scents ever. Even the Professor couldn't stay in the room for long because he was gagging so much. One hour I had to stay in that room. Bloody hell it was gross. I was gagging every 30 seconds. Ugh. As I'm walking away from class, I quickly realize something. I just took the blame for something Aaron did. I spot Professor Longbottom sitting at a chair outside the green house, practically puking. I walk over to him.

"Also I would just like to say that Aaron Morton was the one who gave me the flower. He took it sir. I only accepted the gift." I inform him.

"He will get proper punishment as well.  Thank you Mister Stil." Professor Longbottom says gagging after finishing his sentence.

"Good day Professor." I say, quickly walking away and hurrying towards the castle. I pull the Belladora out of my pocket, now it's permanent home. Cadence help me preformed a spell on it so the flower now basically...lasts forever. I smile, breathing in the smell, now one of my favorite scents.
I have an extra long free period right now actually. What should I do? An idea hits me. Cadence also has a free period right now as well. I rush to the common room. My feet slap against the stone as I practically sprint down the hallway. All the grey's and brown's of the castle flash by in a blur. I finally make it to the Hufflepuff's door. I rush inside looking for Cadence. She's not in the main sitting area. I walk over to the girls dormitory and knock quietly three times.

Knock..Knock..Kncok

One of the Hufflepuff girls quietly open the door. I can only see one of her grey eyes. I clear my throat, holding a hand to my mouth.

"Is Cadence there?" I ask her. She slowly nods her head.

"Can you tell Cadence I would like to talk with her?" I say.

"Of course." She says quickly shutting the door with a bang.

I turn back towards the sitting area and take a seat in the black comfy chair. I watch the light flicker off my shoes. The fire in our  common room seems to always be going. Even when its hot outside, the fire flickers. The oranges and yellows light up the room, shining over everything. A door opens to my left. My head snaps over in the direction of the sound. Cadence walks out of the room, looking relived. I wonder why.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Gossip is all those girls seem to talk about. It's awful. I mean informative and interesting, sure, but awful. The sneers on their face when talking about anyone outside of Hufflepuff was...it was just cruel." The hurt on her face was written everywhere and that...hurts me as well.

"How are they even in Hufflepuff?" I ask out loud.

"No clue." Cadence responds, sitting down the chair next to me. We stay silent for a few minutes, our thoughts consuming us.

"How did detention go?" She asks suddenly, a smirk falling onto her face.
I roll my eyes dramatically.

"If you should know, it was absolutely wonderful and I think I shall go again tomorrow." I say. Even at the thought of going again tomorrow, a gag escapes my mouth. Cadence bursts out laughing.