"How dare you," he growls, and the demigod scoffs.

"How dare I? Who do you think you are, my father?"

"I am the king of this realm. When you are here, you will treat me with respect," Hades tells her, firmly, and the hounds let out threatening barks as if to reinforce his point. (Y/N) steps closer to him, unafraid and determined.

"You... will never earn my respect, you bastard."

Hades, enraged, reaches forward and grabs (Y/N)'s upper arm, his hold making her squirm. He pulls her behind him, and she twists at his grasp, "Let go of me!" He only tightens his grip, making her let out a small grunt of pain. His strides take them to the lower levels of the palace, and (Y/N) nearly trips over her feet when he pulls her down the stairs. She continues to struggle, but Hades has the strength of a god and (Y/N)'s power is nearly drained, meaning that her attempts of escape are fruitless.

She doesn't stop, though.

Hades keeps walking, quite literally dragging her behind him as he makes his way to the door at the end of the hall. He grabs the keys from a hook on the stone wall, unlocking the door and pulling her inside. (Y/N) looks around, noticing the cells on each end of the corridor, and horror runs through her at the fact that Hades is locking her up in the dungeon.

She was supposed to get her friends out, not join them.

"Get off of me," she demands, again, hoping that this time will miraculously be the one to make Hades cave in. Unfortunately, it does nothing.

Hearing their friend's voice, the other three teenagers run to the door of their shared cell, gripping the bars. "(Y/N)," Annabeth breathes out in shock, and a stream of curses directed at Hades flows from Grover's mouth without restraint.

"Let her go!" Percy yells, his voice low and terrifying. Hades simply glances in their direction, opening the cell door next to theirs and shoving (Y/N) inside. She immediately turns around, running towards the god in an attempt to strangle him, but he slams the door shut, locking it.

She grabs the metal bars, her knuckles turning white at her force, and Hades leans closer, his voice low. "In time, you will learn your lesson."

She spits in his eye.

Hades steps backwards, turning his head to the side out of reflex. He brings a hand up to wipe his face before turning back to (Y/N). "I didn't want to do this," he tells her, his voice slightly apologetic.

"Then why did you?" she asks, her words laced with venom. Hades goes silent, looking at her standing there, behind bars and full of hatred for the god. "Exactly," she says, her grip on the metal loosening, "All you think about is your pride. You want to have all the power in the world, and you'll get rid of anyone who challenges you. Even the people you care about."

Not saying anything, the god turns away, walking to the door as she continues. "Just be careful," Hades pauses at her words, the door open. "Hubris tends to be the Greeks' fatal flaw."

He walks out of the dungeon, the closing door getting rid of the light that had filled the room. (Y/N) pushes herself away from the bars, turning around and walking to the wall opposite her as her eyes adjust to the dull torchlight. Percy watches as the muscle in her jaw pulses, a sign that she's grinding her teeth in frustration.

Her friends and Sally Jackson all jump in surprise when (Y/N) lets out a roar of anger, punching the stone. A resounding crack sounds, and all of them think she's broken her fingers, but upon closer examination they see that the wall has a large dent in it, shards falling down from the impact.