Chapter 4: New Rivals, New Abilities

Heiya's POV

It's almost nighttime when I get back to the village. Suddenly, I can hear people's commotion when I get there. "What's going on?" I wonder about the current situation I'm facing now.

"Heiya!" Aquin runs towards me. She seems in a panic. I wonder what's wrong. I ask her about the current situation that she witnessed. "It's that idiot, Advadu. He discovered Y/n's slate!" She answers my question. I was shocked and the situation is getting worse if I don't do anything for Y/n. I ask her where and why and she told me everything.

"Aquin, thank you for telling me this. Come on." I said. We both head over to what Aquin is talking about. I see the crowd in the middle of the village. It will be hard to get through to see Y/n and Advadu. "Excuse me, coming through." I start to slip through between each people in my way. I got through and see Advadu challenging Y/n to a duel. "Advadu!" I call his name.

"Oh? You dare to interfere with Y/n's testimony?" Advadu glances his eyes at me. His act of nobility is nothing more than his abusive authority to the village and I bet he's going to humiliate Y/n as a fraud for sure.

"Don't be ridiculous! What did Y/n ever to deserve all of this!?" I scowl at him while taking a step into the scene. But then his lackeys stand in my way. They have smiles, giggling at me. Aquin had her guilt, telling me that it's all her fault that caused all of this.

"The slate only belongs to someone who has the authority higher than this outsider," Advadu replies to me while pointing his finger at Y/n. What does he want with him? And what is planning this time? "For this day and for this moment, we shall begin our duel with real swords. The combat to the death!" He said what!? He announced this to everyone!

"Real swords!?" The crowd gasps. "Combat to death!? That's insane!"

"Are you out of your spamming mind?" I twitch my eye while I tend to object to this matter. "Y/n is still a wanderer in this world. He hasn't trained his swordsmanship ever since! Are you planning to kill him!?"

"...!" The crowd gasps again.

"Kill him? Why would I do that? Do you think that you can outmatch my rule?" He deflects my concern to Y/n. He is just awoken from his sleep for a few days. "As I stand in the center, I will be the one deciding where the fools live or don't. This is the ring after all. If Y/n decides to withdraw or lose, he will have his slate no longer and it will belong to me! And then, he will be banished from our land! No filth shall be rigged into our soil!" He holds his sword made of steel. Everyone's worried at this rate.

Y/n, what are you going to do?

Your POV

I currently don't have a sword to master, but how can I win like this? I don't have the swordsmanship that I've trained for a long time and also that sword on the ground looks all worn out. It's too bad that Heiya didn't tell me about the swordsmanship training that I would ever be into. She just wanted me to stay as an innocent bystander. Who would want that? The sword that I have now is not good enough to beat him.

"Y/n, at least use these!" Aquin shows up out of nowhere! Where did she come from!? She was holding the three swords in the scabbard that are different from each other. I can see the note on her hand too. "I don't know what you like the best, but these are the ones that you should be able to use them." She informs. I start to look over the three while reading the note.

(A/n: That girl's fast.)

Longsword, mostly with two hands. Mobility is weak but long-range and powerful. Recommended for offensive power type.

Bastard/Medium sword, a multi-role with one hand or two hands with the grip that is one hand and a half. A perfect balance weapon for agility and power. Recommended for balanced type.