Chapter 9: To The Ball

Start from the beginning

Ugh I need to focus on the plan again.

We go to the masquerade ball of Sir Savine. Y/N will go and distract him whilst Sebastian, Arthur and I go and search through his manor for any clues, and if we've struck jackpot, Y/N's family. After we find what we need, I'll collect Y/N from the ballroom, and we leave as soon as possible, without raising suspicion. That should do. And of course, hopefully Savine won't know it's Y/N because of her mask. Things better go to plan... 

I placed my hand down onto the middle seat and felt something warm touch my fingers. Another hand.

I felt my chest squeeze at the contact and my head snapped up to the owner of the hand- Y/N. 

She immediately coiled back once she realised that she had accidentally touched my hand, turning back to the window. 

I gazed at her form for a moment, then to the window, and just then, I realised that she was looking at me through reflection, just as I was doing only moments earlier. My chest throbbed harder, and once she noticed I had caught her, she blinked multiple times and trained her focus back to the outside. I looked at her one more time before looking back out of my own window. 

Y/N, you better not get hurt. Otherwise I would have failed.

----------------------------------------------
3rd person -with Sebastian and Arthur

Arthur looked back through the tiny window of the carriage as he sat beside Sebastian. 

"The Earl and milady seem to be quite quiet back there...." He mumbled curiously.

"Indeed," Sebastian replied, "they seem to be quite awkward."

Arthur smirked as he recalled what Y/N had told him about what had happened between Ciel and her the other day.

"I suppose you know the awkward happenings then Sebastian?"

"Ah yes. I found them rather funny. Humans and their emotions."

"...yeah."

Sebastian pulled on the reigns as they came to a stop outside the bustling manor of Sir Dorian Savine. There were several lights outside to welcome the guests, quite a few servants too. Already, the doors were being flooded by the rich and wealthy, many wearing fashionable, eye catching masquerade masks. 

Sebastian hopped down from the driver's seat, and attended to the carriage door, opening it for the two young nobles. Arthur shuffled into the seat where Sebastian was sitting and held onto the reigns, ready to go and park the carriage in an appropriate place for escape.

----------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

I gently held Sebastian's hand as I carefully climbed out of the carriage after Ciel. I quickly thanked Sebastian before tying my masquerade mask on. It was a F/C silk mask, pretty designs embroidered into it, however, there were no gems in sight, for my own safety. 

Sebastian and Ciel immediately got on their way after they applied their own masks on, Arthur leaving the area to find a place to leave the carriage. I hurriedly followed the Phantomhive and his butler from behind, cautiously, but not obviously, looking around at the surrounding wealthy.

 I gulped. 

To be honest, I wasn't suited for balls and social gatherings. I always found it as a bit too much.

Ciel peered over his shoulder at me glancing at me quickly before turning his head back. We signed in with the doorman and blended in with the crowd of the rich immediately.