Chapter 21 Part 2: A Little Bruised

Balala~~~ and here we are at part two :3 keke~~

Sorry for not updating for a while, I've been busy with my manga and story for Destiny Dragons~!

But this half of the chapter focuses onto a little more about Arthur and Y/N and what she's really looking for.

•••

3rd person POV

"Arthur!" Y/N shouted, raising her voice as much as she could, slipping her glove of in preparation for a fight "Help!"

The cloaked figure was Cordelia. The woman who was supposedly the L/N family's 'trusted' tailor. Cordelia wrapped her wrinkled fingers around Y/N's wrist, she was stronger than she looked.

"I thought you killed yourself," Y/N growled, eyeing the wretched woman, "unless you really have something to do with the armlet-"

"Armlet? What armlet?" She cooed mockingly, cackling in laughter before stopping to speak in a dead serious tone, "of course I do, brat."

Y/N whimpered quietly as Cordelia's grip on her wrist tightened, bruising her.

"W-why? Why betray my family like this?"

"Because I'm sick of you all, the power I gained once I had gotten hold of the armlet for that small yet life-changing amount of time- oh the power to summon demonic creatures to do my bidding- can't you see how wonderful it is?"

Y/N could feel her hand going numb, the blood flow being cut off. She cringed as she tried to move her hand away, but Cordelia kept tightening her grip.

"Little girl, you have no idea what powers you are messing with- I know that you've been sending back all the dear creatures that I and many of my colleagues have been summoning, locking them back in hell..." Cordelia spat, throwing Y/N harshly on to the floor, "you have no idea at all. If only the armlet hadn't been stolen from me, I would be able to end you so easily.

Y/N held her sore hand close, grimacing at the throbbing pain in her wrist. There was no way she could use her sabre now that her main hand had been hurt. 

"You... I genuinely thought I could trust you..." Y/N mumbled, disappointed at the fact that she had misjudged Cordelia, "you'll pay..."

"What, like how you made me pay when I assisted that young Mr Savine kidnap your family?"

"W-what...?"

"That's right child, I took part in that too. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with the lot of you after I had killed you all off- that way, your family name would come to an end. But like the pest you are, you survived and came back."

"Traitor, you lying, backstabbing, traitor!"

"Call me whatever you want, I'll have my way by the end of-"

Suddenly, something dropped from the sky, a black waistcoat wavering in the wind, it landing softly in front of Y/N.

It was Arthur.

"Cordelia." He calmly said, lifting his eyes dangerously at the woman as they turned a poisonous purple.

"Arthur." She simply replied, her mouth curving into a smirk, "I guess my wolves could not deal with you. They were supposed to be a challenge."

"Challenge? You kid me," Arthur snorted, "you're weak. And your supposed powers are even weaker. That stunt you pulled at the shop was good, but I sensed your soul alive again once we entered the woods."

"Get out of my way!" She screeched, lifting her hand up demandingly, pointing at Y/N with all her rage, "I will finish her, once and for all!"

In consequence of this, her replicas charged forth at the young mistress, holding out their claw-like hands in attack.

Arthur kicked them away, one by one, at such a speed, that he simply blurred, seemingly invisible. As he did so, the clones disappeared into the air after letting out a deafening, high pitched scream. He then turned to the original, taking out a silver plate from his coat, slinging it precisely at Cordelia's heart.

As she was struck by the object, she lunged backwards, hitting a tree and falling to the ground, unmoving. Arthur then swooped down to carefully pick Y/N up into his arms protectively.

"She's gone for real now Y/N." He stated apologetically, "I'm sorry for not realising that she had been faking it the first time..."

"It's fine Arthur, she's gone now and that's what mat- ow..." Y/N clenched her teeth as she looked down at her wrist, "ah.. She didn't go without getting a little revenge though..."

Arthur glanced at his mistress' wrist which was now black and blue with bruising, it lay limp in Y/N's lap.

"If only I came sooner..." Arthur scolded himself, frowning, "then you wouldn't have gotten hurt.."

"It's fine Arthur, really, it'll heal in no time! This is nothing compared to what I've been through before!"

Arthur gazed at Y/N worriedly, before launching off into a run, back to the carriage.

"Where's Birchmore?" Y/N muttered, looking around in search of her coach driver, "I hope nothing happened to him..."

"He's well, I believe he's on his way back from the wolves."

"Okay." Y/N nodded, relieved.

Soon, just as Arthur had said, Birchmore appeared from among the trees, stretching his arms, "sorry for the wait Mistress, it took a bit longer than I wanted..."

"All's forgiven Birchmore, I'm just glad you're not too hurt, or worse."

"I would never leave you without a kind of warning Miss Y/N!" He chuckled, climbing back onto the driver's seat, "though I may need to leave you to go to the nearest paint store to fix the damage on the carriage..."

Y/N smiled as she was carried back into the carriage by Arthur, thinking about how dearly she loved all of her servants, and how much they cared for her too. As soon as the carriage door was shut, they began moving again, toward the L/N houselhold.

"So it seems that I was right when I said that Cordelia had the armlet for a short amount of time..." Y/N said, still cradling her wrist cautiously, "where could it be now..."

"We'll find it Y/N, however long it takes, we'll find it." Arthur reassured her, taking her unhurt hand into his comfortingly, "I promise."

"What if it's been scrapped or melted down or something of the sort?" Y/N raised an eyebrow jokingly.

"My promises have terms and conditions you know-" Arthur began before being smacked lightly on the arm by Y/N.

"Idiot~" Y/N chuckled.