Chapter 6: Lady Midford and Lady L/N

Y/N was in the carriage once again, sitting across from Arthur. Birchmore, one of the stable servants, was driving. They were both looking outside into to country, passing fields and greenery, on their way to the Phantomhive Manor.

"...Arthur, I'm sorry for dragging you into this."

"Is that doubt I hear Y/N?"

"No, I just felt pity for you, that is all."

"Oh yeah, really." Arthur replied sarcastically.

"Sometimes I feel as if you're not a demon Arthur, but just a normal human being. You're not cold like the others."

"Well, every demon is unique Y/N, and I just happen to be one of the ones who have the ability to express emotions like this."

"I'm sort of glad I picked you. Life's revenge would be boring otherwise."

"Glad to hear so milady."

The carriage came to a stop just as Arthur finished his sentence. But they weren't outside of the Phantomhive Manor, rather, it seemed they were half way through the forest of which they had to pass to get to their destination.

Birchmore slowly opened the window to the carriage behind him,

"Milady, it seems that we are about to be ambushed...."

"Thank you for keeping an eye out Birchmore, Arthur will clear the area for us within a few moments," Y/N said, thanking her driver, "Arthur, please rid of the ambushers quickly, we might be late for our appointment with Lord Phantomhive."

Arthur simply bowed his head toward his mistress before some what gracefully stepped out of the carriage.

"I apologise in advance for the unpleasant sounds you may hear within these few moments milady."

"Don't worry Arthur, do what you must."

Arthur closed the carriage door before disappearing into the forest, seconds later, blood-curdling screams and shouts of men could be heard all around. Y/N waited patiently for her butler to return. 

Birchmore looked around, amazed as always. Arthur never failed to dazzle him with his fighting skills.

Arthur returned, dusting his hands off, climbing back into the carriage.

"Thank you Arthur. Birchmore, let's go a little faster to make up for the time lost." 

"Yes milady!" Birchmore said cheerily, taking the horse by the reigns again.

"Those crooks were aiming to take the carriage weren't they?" Y/N asked Arthur curiously, "I don't expect them to have anything to do with my family..."

"Unfortunately you are correct Y/N, just the simple old criminals."

"Oh, okay..."

Y/N light spirits seemed dampened slightly, although she already saw his reply coming. Arthur couldn't help but look at Y/N worriedly. She may just be another contract signer, with a delicious soul, but Arthur had grown fond of her, however much he had tried not to all of these years. He thought of his emotions as a disadvantage most of the time. 

'Y/N...' he thought, 'I'm sorry for signing this contract with you, I'm sorry for being a demon, I'm sorry I'll have to take your soul at the end of all of this... You may be my mistress, but you'll always be my best friend too.'

-------------------------------------------

Over at the Phantomhive Manor~

Lizzy flung herself at Ciel, hugging him tightly, almost choking him to death.