{Sick Zhongli}

A/N before you start reading, keep in mind that I'm writing this on my phone instead of my computer, so there might be a slight chance of a typo. Also probably a few grammar mistakes too.

Ps. The story might be a tad bit illogical but, I didn't know any other way.

It was almost Childe's birthday, Childe was going to host a buffet in a newly opened restaurant in Liyue Harbor. He was looking for someone to help pass out invitations. Conveniently, he saw Aether talking to Katheryne at the Adventure's Guild Stand.

'Greetings, comrade!' Childe greeted Aether,

'Oh, hey Childe, what's up?' Aether asked,

'I need your help to something... you know my birthday is coming up? I need someone to help me pass out invitations for the buffet I'll be hosting!' Childe told Aether,

'Well, if we are invited....we don't mind helping~' Paimon was already drooling about the food that would be served there, Chop Suey, Jade Parcels, Matsutake Meat Roll......

'Sure, we can help..' Aether said,

'Great! The names are on the cards, just look and give the people the cards!' Childe said cheerfully 'See you there!'

Aether and Paimon ran around Liyue Harbor giving invitations...

'Aaand the last invitation goes to Zhongli!' Paimon said,

'Let's head to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor and lend him this card' Aether said,

At Wangsheng Funeral Parlor..

'I'm sorry, but Mr.Zhongli isn't here today, he didn't show up all day..' The lady said apologizing,

'Well... Guess we have to tell Childe about this... ' Paimon said,

'Huh? Zhongli-Sensei didn't show up to work today?' Childe asked,

'Yup' the two answered,

'No worries, I'll find sensei and give him the invitation.' Childe smiled,

//At Zhongli's House\\

Childe knocks on the door, 'Hello? Anybody in there?' , just then, the door opened.

'Ah! Zhongli! Why didn't you- Oh gosh.. are you okay?! You don't look so good...'

'I'm sorry Childe, I have a high fever, I decided it's better for me to stay at home.' Zhongli said in a weak voice.

'It's okay, take a seat, I will cook up something for you to eat..'

Childe goes into the kitchen and makes some stew for the sick Zhongli, and grabs a bowl and went up to Zhongli and sat beside him.

'Here, I got you some stew, I'll feed you some...' Childe uses a spoon to scoop up some soup, it was still hot so he blows it a little... Zhongli looked at Childe's every move, although he was sick, he couldn't help but admire his good friend, Childe. Childe proceeds to feed Zhongli the stew.

'Oh right.. it is my birthday tomorrow, I think you should rest here Zhongli..'

'I guess I should..'

There was an awkward silence between the two, Childe noticed that it was getting dark, so he told Zhongli he would be leaving.

The next day..

It was officially Childe's birthday, since the buffet was during the nighttime and doing the last preparations would take the whole afternoon, Childe wanted to pay a visit to Zhongli.

At Zhongli's house..

'Hey Zhongli, you good?'

'Yes.. but I'm afraid I still need one more night to recover..' Zhongli said, disappointed,

'It's okay... Anyways, I got you some food, here.' Childe handed Zhongli a bag filled with food.

'Childe, could you help me get some herbal tea from the kitchen? Also, I left a gift on the table for you,' Zhongli smiled,

'You prepared a gift? You shouldn't have! You are sick... ' Childe felt bad for making Zhongli prepare him a gift when he was really sick.

Childe boiled water and enjoyed a good cup of herbal tea with Zhongli. He took the gift that Zhongli gave him and left.

'Goodbye, Childe, I wish you a happy birthday.' Zhongli weakly smiled.

'Thanks..' Childe smiled back.

Childe stared at the gift that Zhongli gave, he opened it, and was surprised to see 3 Cleansing Hearts and 2 Starconch's in the box, and it came along with a note:

Dear Childe,
I wish you a happy birthday, it is a disappointment that I will not be able to attend the buffet, I spent the day before collecting these materials as a gift for you, I hope you like them. Again, happy birthday.

With Love,
Zhongli.

The note left Childe speechless, Zhongli got sick because of Childe? Childe felt guilty, and he rested on a decision.

***

'WHAT?! YOU ARE CANCELING THE BUFFET? NO WAY!' Paimon exclaimed.

'But why?' Aether asked,

'It's ah.. a long story' I'm sincerely sorry, but I need you to tell the invited people about this..' Childe requested. And Aether agreed.

***
'Childe? Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the buffet?'Zhongli asked,

' Well... I figured you got the fever because of me... So I decided to take care of you as a thanks... Here, I got this from Bubu Pharmacy, it treats fever well.'

~The Next Morning~

Sunshine shone through the windows, Zhongli found himself in Childe's hands, he smiled at the thought of how caring Childe was last night and kisses him on the cheek before getting up and changing.

After Zhongli left the room, the "Still Asleep" Childe smiled.