why aren't you shifting?

so I've been doing more research because i haven't been shifting myself, but i figured out some things that I'm going to work on and some stuff you may want to know.

1. when your visualizing, you're not using your 5 senses. (smell, hearing, touch, sight, taste) so i recommend jotting down a couple scenes where you can use a couple of each to practice.

Mine is:

Taste: Eating with my friends (I'll work on trying to use my hearing and smell for that scene)

Sight: Dancing with someone (Also touch and hearing)

Hear: Walking down the halls to a class (Also work on sight)

Touch: Holding someone's hand (Work on sight and hearing)

Smell: The fresh cooked food before dinner or the outdoors ( Also work on sight and hearing)

Then after I practice and have one scene that I'm good at, I'll use that scene for the method that I use. It's hard for me to visualize, so after I did some research, I realized that I need to practice!

2. You're thinking about other things

Sometimes you have a lot on your mind while shifting and that is ok but it can make it harder for you to shift. So I recommend doing a 15-30 minute meditation (it really helps) and it'll help clear your mind. But if some thoughts do come to your mind while shifting, just think about breathing and take deep breaths.

3. Distractions

There may be a lot of distractions in your house while shifting, that's why I shift at night when everyone is sleeping. But sometimes you can't or there's still distractions outside your house (I have coyotes sometimes and they're very annoying) so where some headphones or earbuds (whatever you use) and play your meditation or subliminal. I really recommend using a sleep mask or something that can comfortably lay on your eyes without moving/falling off.

4.Obsessing over results

You may be thinking about shifting all the time. Honestly TikTok told me to keep my mind on shifting. So that's why I got better results the first nights, because I wasn't thinking about it until I wrote my script and meditated and then tried, then I felt cold and homesick the next day and had crazy symptoms but I opened my eyes. (I still regret that so much I want to go back home) but now I listen to subliminal's throughout the day and NEVER stopped thinking about it. So that's why I haven't been getting the results like I did on the first night.

5. You haven't been giving yourself breaks

I gave myself a 2-3 week break before I tried shifting again, throughout those weeks I have been researching and now I've been shifting but haven't been getting anymore than tingling. I used to get flashing lights and major tingling and felt like I was falling and I smelt my trigger smell (I changed it now but it used to be fresh baked brownies) but I opened my eyes and I couldn't move my body because it was SO heavy. So if you've been trying to shift every night for the past month, please give yourself a day or two of rest.

6. You switch methods to often.

I've only used the Raven and Pillow Method and I stick to a method for a couple days before I switch. (I just switched back to Raven method last night) so for the next couple days or the next few times I shift I'll be using the raven method.