The Shadow War Part II: The Day of the Ducks

Start from the beginning

Mrs. Beakley looked at Donald, surprised. "Gyro, you and your team will charge the bridge to distract Magica's shadow forces." Gyro cracked his neck while Manny cracked his hoofs. "Launchpad, head up the air attack to draw her attention. Do you think you can crash into the Bin?" Everyone then started laughing as Charlotte giggled. "Alright, alright, alright." Donald said before clearing his throat. "And, Beakley, while the others distract Magica, you and I will sneak around back in my newly fixed-up houseboat." Donald finished. "That is actually very close to what I was going to say." Mrs. Beakley said. All the kids then looked at Donald expectantly. "And we..."

Donald put the life vests on all of the kids on the dock. "Will stay here, and out of danger." Donald said. Everyone started to whine and complain. "This isn't an adventure. This is Magica De Spell. Under no circumstances are you kids to come to the Bin. Do you understand?" Donald asked.

"Yes, Uncle Donald."
"Yes, Donald."

Charlotte nodded her head. Donald saluted to them before getting on the houseboat, the houseboat taking off towards the Bin. Once Donald and Mrs. Beakley were far away, everyone took off their life vests. "So we're totally sneaking into the Money Bin, right?" Dewey asked excitedly. "But how are we gonna take on an entire shadow army?" Huey asked. "The Ducks don't back down! Now, if only we knew someone with experience breaking into places." Dewey said. "You mean like a noble teen ne'er-do-well who can break into anything, including your heart?" Webby asked. "Yeah, that'd be great." Dewey said. Everyone looked at him since the answer was obvious. Come on, Dewey! Dewey slowly gasped, as if he knew the answer. "Lena!" Huey and Webby said. "It's Lena!" Louie said. "Lena, right! I was gonna say Lena. Great." Dewey said.

As everyone took off to Lena's home, Dewey walked up to Charlotte. "Hey, Charlotte? I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I thought back to what you said on the Sunchaser, and you were right. I had no right to say any of what I said. I hope you can forgive me." Dewey said. "We would like to say sorry, as well." Louie said as he and Huey walked up to Charlotte. "We said some stuff that we had no right to say, either. I hope you can forgive us." Huey said. Charlotte was shocked to hear them apologize to her, but she then smiled at them. 'It's okay. I forgive you.' She wrote. The triplets smiled as they continued forward.

They all soon made it to an abandoned amphitheater. Everyone was calling Lena's name while Charlotte was looking around. "Lena?" Huey called. "Yo, Lena!" Dewey called. "Where are you!?" Webby called. "Oh, what if my best friend was taken by the shadows?" Webby asked worriedly. ""Webby, don't lose faith. Remember, Ducks don't back..." Dewey stomped down on a trap door, the door lifting up to reveal a ladder leading downwards. "... down?" Dewey finished as everyone stared down at the ladder.

Everyone climbed down the ladder to enter a single room. The room was fairly simple, having a bed and some posters on the wall. Charlotte turned on the lights, which turned out to be black lights. "Is this where Lena lives?" Huey asked. "Buh! Explains why she's always sleeping over at our house." Louie said. Charlotte was a bit unsettled at the sight of Lena's home. "Lena!? Sorry to barge in unannounced!" Webby shouted as they began to explore her room.

"Maybe she's hiding?" Huey suggested. "A journal!" Dewey said as he pulled out Lena's journal from underneath Lena's nightstand. Webby quickly grabbed the journal from Dewey's hands. "You can't read her journal! Although if she were taken, she might have left a note." Webby said. Webby opened Lena's journal. "A poem! Best friend, rebel, poet. Is there anything Lena can't do?" Webby asked with a smile. Webby, please. Focus. Webby cleared her throat as she began to read aloud the poem.

"'To end the line of Clan McDuck,
she sought a token of their luck.
Lo, with the eclipse in its prime,
she'd trap old Scrooge within his dime'?
'But Scrooge reversed her vengeance planned,
and in his dime, the witch did land.
Yet as he struck the final blow,
she cast a spy from her shadow.
I walk the earth and wield her power
to bring about McDuck's last hour.'"