The House of the Lucky Gander

Ever since the trip to the money bin, Charlotte had started to go on some adventures with Scrooge and the others. Today was no different.

They were in the Sunchaser, flying to their next adventure through the night above a brightly lit city. Inside, Scrooge pulled out a large piece of paper and laid it out, revealing a temple. "The Temple of the Golden Cricket. Every fifty years at sundown, the golden cricket emerges, singing its ethereal song. Some say the song holds the answer to life's greatest mysteries. 'How did we get here? What's our purpose in the universe?'" Scrooge explained. "Wait, is that a neon hotdog!?" Louie exclaimed as he looked out the window. Huey, Dewey, and Webby ran over to see except for Charlotte, who was more interested in the golden cricket. "Yes, yes. The city of Macaw is exciting to look at, but you'll only find empty distractions there." Scrooge said, unamused.

"I can't believe Uncle Gladstone is here!" Louie said. "He's so charming!" Huey said. "And funny!" Dewey added. "He's like the luckiest guy in the world! Uncle Donald, you must've had the best time growing up with him." Donald's expression and position said otherwise. "He's the worst. Just the worst." Donald said. "Gladstone Gander is a complete layabout. I don't know why we're responding to his call." Scrooge said. "It was a call for help." Webby said. "And like Uncle Donald says, family always helps family." Huey stated. "Why did I say that?" Donald asked. "Plus, he's easily our coolest uncle." Louie said. "Hey!" Donald shouted, clearly offended. "Sorry. Coolest non-trillionaire uncle." Donald nodded approvingly, but frowned once he realized what he said.

"Cmon. Uncle Donald is kinda cool." Huey defended. The plane suddenly nosed dived towards the water. Donald frantically put on his seatbelt. "We're all gonna die! I've wasted my life!" The plane lifted up just a little and landed on the water safely. When it was over, everyone stared at Donald. Donald laughed nervously, looking away embarrassingly. Charlotte felt bad for Donald. He is kinda cool, especially when having to take care of those three all on his own.

At the pier, they all stood in front of the House of the Lucky Fortune. They all headed inside, with Scrooge telling Launchpad that they would leave in an hour before following after the rest of the group. They were in the elevator, going up to the top floor. "Why did I wear green!? He always sees me in green!" Louie freaked out. "Take it easy." Donald said. "Yeah. If Gladstone is so great, then why did he call us for-."
"Help!"
Everyone ran out the elevator and towards a set of double doors. "No! Don't! Stop!" They busted through the door, only to see Gladstone laying down on a massage table while a giant panda was massaging his back. "Until you get that last kink out, Pei Pei." Scrooge and Donald gave an unamused face at the scene. Pei Pei picked up Gladstone and twisted his back, getting out that last kink. "The worst." Donald muttered out.

"Loose as a goose and ready to gander." He then noticed everyone standing at the doorway. "Kids! Uncle Scrooge! D-money! I was so relaxed, I didn't hear you come in." Gladstone made his way to the group. "Pei Pei here is a miracle worker." Gladstone said as Pei Pei was stacking up some towels. "Anyway, welcome to Macaw! Help yourself to everything." The kids ran around the pent house, exploring and having fun. Charlotte, however, stayed behind Scrooge, not fully trusting Gladstone.

"So, I thought you needed help." Donald said. "Oh, I do need your help." Pei Pei glared back at Gladstone we he was about to exit the room. There was a bit of silence before Gladstone spoke again. "Spending all my winnings!" Scrooge and Donald glared at him. Seriously? "Oh, lighten up!" Pei Pei looked forward and exited the room. "Hey, hey, guys! Who am I?" Gladstone dove into a small pool of chips and swam around. He popped his head out and spat out some chips from his mouth to Scrooge's forehead, who just stood there unamused. "Haggis and top hats! Bless me bagpipes!" He made farting noises with his armpits and sat down, mirroring Scrooge's angry expression. Everyone laughed as Scrooge, Donald, and Charlotte frowned. It wasn't that funny.