The Other Bin of Scrooge McDuck

Charlotte was lying in her bed, trying her best to rest. She tossed and turned, but she just couldn't for the life of her. She felt like something was lurking in the shadows and a shiver was sent down her spine every few minutes. She finally had enough and sat up. Something is going on, and I'm gonna find out what.

She began to walk around the mansion, inspecting every room she came across. She entered the triplets' room to find the three of them surrounding a Bigfoot. Charlotte stared at the four of them not in shock, but in confusion. "Charlotte! Please don't tell Uncle Scrooge!" Dewey pleaded. Charlotte only tilted her head in confusion, wanting an answer. "I found Tenderfeet in the woods in need of help and I helped him. A friendship bloomed and then I brought him here." Huey summarized. "Please don't tell Uncle Scrooge about Tenderfeet. He is so sensitive and Scrooge is on the hunt." Dewey said.

Charlotte stood there in thought. Mr. McDuck is also searching the mansion? Interesting. Charlotte looked up at Tenderfeet. Tenderfeet is definitely up to something, but this isn't what I'm looking for. Whatever it is that's keeping me on edge is still in this mansion. Besides, I'm sure they can handle Tenderfeet on their own. Charlotte looked at the triplets and crossed her heart, promising them not to tell Scrooge. Huey and Dewey sighed in relief while Louie only crossed his arms. Even if Huey and Dewey don't know what Tenderfeet is up to, it seems Louie does seem to suspect him as well. So they're in good hands. At least, I hope so. Charlotte soon left the room.

Charlotte continued to search the mansion when she spotted Scrooge searching the halls, crossbow in his hands. Whatever it is he's hunting for must be really dangerous, and I doubt that it's the Bigfoot he's hunting. She then thought about something. If he really is hunting for something, then there is only one person who would know exactly what he's hunting. Charlotte then made her way to Webby's room.

Once Charlotte made it to Webby's room, she knocked on the door and waited. When there was no answer, she knocked on the door again and waited once more. There was still no answer. Please don't be mad at me, Webby. Charlotte opened the door to find no one inside. Wasn't she supposed to have that sleepover with Lena today? She looked at Webby's room to find a projector facing ya board on the wall. Charlotte climbed up the ladder to Webby's bedroom but didn't find her or Lena. Where can they be? Charlotte then left the room.

Charlotte walked around the halls of the mansion when she felt a shiver down her spine. She looked back to a door she passed and slowly approached it. As she did, she felt more shivers be sent down her spine. She opened the door to find herself in the garage. She walked around the garage until she spotted an open vault door that was disguised as a painting. She stood in front of the entrance and felt a massive shiver shake her entire body. It's gotta be in there. I just know it.

She entered vault to find a spiral staircase. She walked down the stairs when she heard a voice that she recognized. "They're dates! June 4, 1956, the day Scrooge captured the sword horse." Webby? "And, as you'll recall from today's lecture, the date Scrooge earned his Number One Dime was..." Charlotte then heard Lena mumbling, trying to remember the answer. Lena, too? "1877!" Both Webby and Lena said together. "Come on!" Webby said as she dragged Lena along with her. What are they doing here? Charlotte rushed down the stairs in order to catch up to them.

Once she did, Webby and Charlotte were standing in front of a chamber. "Here we go. 1877. Scrooge's Number One Dime." Webby said. Before Lena could open the chamber, she gasped as she spotted Charlotte. Webby looked and spotted Charlotte as well. "Charlotte!? What are you doing here?" Webby asked. Charlotte took out a small notepad and pencil from her pockets and wrote down, 'I can ask you the same thing.' "We wanted to see Scrooge's Number One Dime." Webby answered. 'I don't think that's a good idea. We should probably leave.' Charlotte wrote. "Don't worry. Everything will be fine." Lena answered. Something about that answer doesn't sit right with me. Charlotte then studied Lena's face and detected a hint of sadness. That sadness in her eyes... their almost too familiar to me.