"I wanted to surprise you," she smiles and her beautiful blue eyes sparkle. She was still the Kit Kat that I knew, she had the same blonde hair that for some reason reminded me of honey. She was still just as beautiful as she had always been. My childhood best friend was actually here.

When I realize that she was actually here, I can't help but pull her into a tight hug. She laughs and the sound is melodic, hugging me back tightly.

"Can I come in?" Kit Kat smiles sweetly and my heart melts just a little.

"Please do," I smile at her, seeing her brought back so many memories of our childhood and I couldn't help the smile that sets itself on my face. I can't believe she was actually here.

We go to my room and sit on my bed. I forget about everything when I look into her familiar eyes that were somehow, so comforting.

"I really missed you A," she smiles softly at me.

"I missed you as well Kat, more than you know," I reply, the same smile on my face.

🎵🎶🎵

Before I can register anything, she leans forward, connecting her lips with mine. Her lips are so familiar and I can't help but kiss her back passionately. Was I forgetting something? Why am I thinking of anything else when my childhood loves lips were attached to mine?!

The kiss deepens quickly and suddenly I'm taking off my shirt.

Wait a minute.

My star tattoo was peaking through the waistband of my jeans.

The star.

My hope.

Emily.

I try to pull away from her but my body refuses to do as it's told. There was just something about the familiarity of Katherine's body against mine that was disallowing me from pulling away. I get taken back to being 13 and having sex for the first time with the girl I was in love with. The most beautiful girl in school was my girlfriend and at 13, she was everything to me, my body can't help but react. Maybe we could do this one more time, for 13 year old me that was in love with this beautiful girl.

Collins.

The date.

Her finding it hard to trust me.

Her maybe becoming my girlfriend.

I can't ruin that, I may have loved Katherine once but not anymore, this wasn't fair on anyone.

"Wait, there's someone else," I manage, this makes her stop instantly. I look at her and my heart breaks a little for her.

"What?" She asks, vulnerability lacing her soft question.

"There's a girl, she moved here just over 8 months ago," I admit softly.

Katherine looks broken. She slowly puts her shirt back on, covering her bra.

"And, you - you're serious about her?" Katherine asks, her tone, if possible, even more vulnerable.

"I'm so sorry Kit Kat, I really like her. I haven't felt this way since - well since you." I admit softly, hating the fact that I was hurting my childhood best friend and first love.

Katherine looks down at the ground and I can see her trying to hold back her tears. My heart breaks even further and I can't help but pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry Aiden, I don't mean to interfere with anything. If you're happy, then I'm happy for you." Katherine says quietly, her soft voice breaking and vulnerable.