Chapter 22

From dad;

From dad;

Hi Em, how are you?

I feel sick. My stomach feels like it's on a rollercoaster and Aiden notices it also when he asks me something that I can't find it within myself to reply to.

"Collins are you okay? You look the way I expected you to after I told you about my dad," Aiden asks.

"My dad just texted me," I reply absentmindedly. Aiden looks extremely confused.

"You mean Robert?" He questions.

"Robert is my stepdad, my real father left us when Maddi was sick for a new family. A 26-year-old, and her 2 perfect children," I reply, not registering the hurt and anger lased in my voice until it was too late.

"You're father left you guys when his eldest child was dying?" Aiden asks, a shocked expression evident on his beautiful face.

"Yep, I have daddy issues as well I guess," I reply quietly, in no way was I saying my issues with my father were nearly as bad as Aiden's, and he knew that by the sympathetic look his chocolate brown eyes.

"I never told you this Collins, but I think you're pretty fucking awesome as well. I mean after going through what you have and still being warm and kind. I wish I handled things that well," Aiden smiles at me. I knew he was trying to make me feel better about everything and I appreciated it. My heart did also considering the flip it preformed after hearing Aiden's words.

I smile at him in appreciation; "do you mind if I call Charlie? I think I need a friend's night but I don't necessarily want to deal with Luke."

"Awe Collins, I think I'll be able to spend a few minutes without your company, I mean I'll struggle but I think I can power through," Aiden winks. I laugh and then dial Charlie's number.

"Sup cuz?" Charlie answers her phone.

"Stay at mine tonight, I need a girls night and I think you do as well," I request shamelessly.

"Cool, I'll pack my school stuff for tomorrow and be at yours in a few hours, i'm just shopping with mom and Mase, I'll text you when I'm leaving home," Charlie agrees easily, something that I had always loved about Charlie was how easy it was to make plans.

"Awesome, love you, don't call Luke, I'll explain later," I reply, we usually all hung out together, and every time we wanted a girls night we had to specify it because bringing Luke was just a given.

"Okay all good, love you too, see you later," Charlie says before she hangs up, although Luke was usually a part of it, he didn't care when it was only Charlie and me, and we always enjoyed girl time as well.

"That was strangely easy for girls," Aiden comments. I laugh, he was right. All my friends back at the old place made making plans incredibly difficult. Everyone always had some kind of plan so it made me appreciate how easy it really was for Charlie.