Chapter 26

We walk outside and as expected, Luke is waiting patiently, leaning against the lockers on his phone

We walk outside and as expected, Luke is waiting patiently, leaning against the lockers on his phone. When he sees us he gives me a look, but thankfully doesn't say anything.

The 3 of us walk into the cafeteria and I can't ignore all the looks being directed at me. I knew it was because of the Tiffany incident but it made me extremely uncomfortable. Instinctively I wrap my arms around myself, trying to hide at least part of my body that was presently on full display.

I sit down between Luke and Toby, once again dodging Aiden. I know he has fully noticed now but I can't help being annoyed. He said some asshole things so now he can deal with an annoyed me.

"That was intense," Toby says as soon as I sit down.

"What even happened?" Carter interjects.

"You look even hotter now. I mean the see-through shirt was amazing but this is pretty impressive as well," Blake makes sure to input. Charlie punches him on the arm.

"I don't know!! She told me to sta-," I begin, but then stop myself before I finish the sentence, and of course it's just my luck that everyone notices.

"She told you to what?" Aiden asks, the first time he had attempted to speak to me since our little argument.

I throw Aiden a quick look before replying hesitantly, "to stall the teacher so she could skip and when I refused she threw the water at me."

By the looks of it, Aiden didn't believe what I said in the least, everyone else seemed to believe it but I could tell that Charlie and Luke were also a little suspicious. Aiden goes to say something, but a cold look from me silences him.

Okay, so I think I'm due for my period. He really upset me, but maybe I'm being a little overdramatic.

The bell rings, saving me from Aiden's suffocating stare and our friend's complete obliviousness to the situation. We all stand up, ready to go to class when the loudspeaker sounds.

"Emily Collins, please report straight to the office, Emily Collins."

If everyone weren't already staring at me, they definitely were now. My face once again turned the shade of my bra and I practically ran out of the cafeteria to go to the office and avoid all my peers' patronizing looks.

My friends all give me weird looks for one, being called to the office and then secondly, rushing there, as soon as I'm out of the cafeteria I slow down and only then the fear hits me.

Fuck, what if I'm in trouble?!

What if Tiffany somehow made the water incident look like my fault, and what will the office ladies say about my boobs practically falling out of Charlie's shirt?!

I hold my breath as I open the office door, but calm down considerably when the office lady smiles at me warmly before signaling me over. She wouldn't smile if I was in trouble right?