Chapter 16

Song - Make You Feel My Love by Adele
Status - Chapter song, not a summery song.

Hey guys, so there is a song in this chapter. When you see '🎵🎤🎶' it means that this is the part of the chapter the song represents. You'll see this signal a little through the story, and there will always be a video up the top. I suggest listening to the song when you see the signal, but it's completely up to you (even if you choose not to listen at all). If for some reason the song doesn't work then all songs of the chapters can be found in the second part of this story;
'P L A Y L I S T'
Thank you all!!!

 If for some reason the song doesn't work then all songs of the chapters can be found in the second part of this story; 'P L A Y L I S T'Thank you all!!!

We had all finished lunch, I ended up sitting between Aiden and Mia with Miles directly across from me. Earlier when I had tried to make the twins more comfortable it worked really well and now they were both really comfortable with me, especially Mia. Mia refused to sit anywhere except for beside me and it kind of made my heart warm. Ella was still cautious around me, but I knew it was something that would get better.

Aiden hadn't tried anything under the table like he had at his house and I was glad, even though a secret part of me missed his touch.

"Emmy, can we play hide and seek?" Mia whispers in my ear excitedly.

I beam at her cuteness and whisper back; "that's a fantastic idea" as I tickle her stomach making her laugh.

Tiffany had already thankfully left, preparing for cheer and I knew that Charlie had to leave within the hour; "You know what, I think we can fit in a couple of games before Charlie leaves" I whisper, she smiles happily.

After asking if we can be excused the children all sit in the living room to plan our extravagant game of hide and seek for the twins, Tiffany's surprisingly cute younger brothers and Mason. The people agreeing to play were me, Ella and Mia, Lij, Charlie, Luke, Tom, and Travis who were Tiffany's little brothers, Aiden, Mason, and even Miles who had always shared his love for children with Maddi. That was another thing that didn't change when he did.

"Okay so we're only allowed to hide downstairs INSIDE, and we have to count to 40 before we seek" Luke repeats, we all nod, the younger ones and Miles nodding excitedly.

Okay, so we'll partner up so nothing bad happens to the kids, Emilia and Mia, Aiden and Ella, Charlie and Travis, myself and Tom and Elijah, Mason and Miles can be a group of three. Miles and Lij fist pump, neither needing a partner but loving each other anyways. Mia grips my hand excitedly and my heart melts a little further.

"Miles, Mason and Lij can be in first seeing as they're the oldest group, and there are three of them, " Luke suggests, he had always been one for planning things out and perfecting everything.

Everyone nods before we all rush off giggling.

"Where to?" I ask a beaming Mia.

"The kitchen," she shrieks nervously, I laugh at her seriousness for the children's game and we make our way there.