Chapter 20

Warning: EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTER

"You ready?" Prod asked. I nodded in response.

Me and Prodigy were at my house like always after school. He lives with his grandmother who lives down the street from my house. He's been doing better now than when his mother first passed. I'm really proud of him.

I held the envelope, which held my future, in my hand and breathed deeply.

"Just open it, Tay."

I tore the top of the envelope open and took out the papers. "Congratulations, Taylor Shaw, we are proud to say that you have been accepted to Full Sail University for the 2015-2016 year." I stopped reading because my tears made my glasses fog up. I took my glasses off and smiled as I wiped my eyes. "Oh my goodness, Prod."

He wrapped his arms around me. "Congrats, Taylor. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you so much, Prod." He pulled away and smiled. I was still crying tears of joy when I remembered something. "You should go check your mailbox and see if you got a letter!"

He shook his head. "Nah. I don't need to."

"What do you mean? Have you gotten accepted to somewhere else already?"

"No. I'm going to school in Philadelphia."

"Philadelphia? Why? What's in Philly?"

"My father. I wanna spend time with him."

"Oh." There was a long pause. "Would I be able to see you again?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Of course. I promise to make sure to visit you as often as possible."

I smiled. I knew he was telling the truth. He always kept his promises.