Chapter 18

It's been two weeks since the news story about Jacob. He hasn't called me or messaged me or anything. It's really frustrating. I heard he got someone pregnant. Maybe Riley. Honestly, I'm not even mad about the probability of him cheating on me. It's that he's not even talking to me or trying to communicate with me at all.

I'm so glad today is Saturday, though. I really don't have the time to deal these people at school.

"Taylor! I'm leaving!" My mom's voice was heard through my cracked open door from downstairs.

"Okay!" I yelled back in reply. She's the last person to leave. Ron went to work and Tyler went to hang with his girlfriend.

I decided to take a shower and freshen up, putting on a long sleeved white shirt, black Adidas sweats and some slides afterwards. As I put my hair up in a ponytail, I heard my phone ringing.

Jacob.

I rushed to the phone as quickly as I could and swiped the screen to talk. "Hello?" I said, out of breath.

"Hey, Taylor. Can we talk? Face to face?" I heard Jacob say through the phone speaker. Not really what I was hoping to hear from him.

"Sure. Everything okay?"

"Just meet me at Johnson park." He hung up.

Well okay then.

I slipped into some all white Air Forces, and I put on my black school hoodie and a scarf to protect me from the autumn winds before heading out the door. It took me ten minutes to walk to Johnson park. I walked towards the park's northeast entrance area and saw Jacob sitting on the bench in the picnic area.

"Hey," I tried to smile, but I knew I wasn't going to be receiving good news anytime soon. I sat next to him on the bench table and looked at him. He looked horrible. He had bags under his eyes, looking as if he hadn't had any sleep in the past few nights. He also looked weak, like he had been crying. We both sat, facing the trees that were beginning to turn orange and some were brown.

"I'm sorry, Taylor. I've hurt you so much. You don't deserve to be put in this position." I felt his eyes on me.

I was silent. I didn't know what to say. I had no idea about anything he's been doing behind my back.

"I've been lying to you this whole time," he confessed.

"That's not surprising," I whispered to myself. "I kind of figured that," I said out loud.

"Nique is pregnant again."

"Okay..? What does that have to do with anything?" I laughed, trying to figure out where he was going with this. I had finally looked at him again.

"I'm the father."

I looked back at the trees at a loss of words. I really didn't know what to say. What to do. How to feel. I just nodded my head slowly.

"I'm sorry," he repeated.

I stared at the trees with my knees pulled up to my chest and arms wrapped around them to keep myself warm.

"Well," was all I could say with a shrug of my shoulders, sighing deeply.

"Well..?"

"Well." I shook my head and laughed to myself. "My life is so fucked up." I looked at Jake and just laughed. "I'm leaving. Congratulations on the baby." I hopped up and walked home without a care in the world. No use in caring anymore.

As soon as I made it home, I called Prodigy.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, Prod. I just talked to Jake. Can you come over?"

I heard him sigh. "I'll be there in a bit," he replied.

"Okay. See you in a lil." I hung up the phone and laid on the couch, thinking about life.

I just don't understand why these things are happening to me, but it's whatever.

About twenty minutes later, my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I unlocked it and opened it, allowing Prodigy to enter.

"Hey," he said, closing the door behind him. We hugged and sat on the couch. "So what's up?"

"Well..." I chuckled quietly. "I met with Jacob at the park and we talked." I continued to tell him everything that happened at the park.

"How do you feel?" He asked me. By this time, I was leaning against him with his arm around my shoulder.

"I honestly don't know." I thought for a second. "I'm kind of mad, but I mostly don't care. I feel like I don't deserve to be treated the way he has treated me, but he got himself in the mess and now he feels worse than I do."

"I understand. Don't let this bring you down, though. I know how you are."

I sat up and looked at him. "What do you mean you know how I am? How am I?" I couldn't help but laugh.

"Whenever something like this happens, you began to feel less than the person you are. You say that you deserve it and that you're a horrible person, when you're actually perfect and you don't deserve any of it."

I leaned back on the couch and thought for a moment. I guess I really am like that. "Thank you, Prod."

"I'm just so tired of seeing you hurt like this."

I smiled. I leaned against his shoulder and slipped my arm around his and our fingers intertwined. "Thank you, Prod. I'm grateful for having you in my life."

______________________________

I'm sorry for the long wait and how boring this chapter is. I'm gonna try to post again by Thanksgiving. Also, check out Kisses_4me . She posts fanfiction and needs some readers so check her out (: