11. Package Delivered

Start from the beginning

Violent screaming interrupts her and everyone turns to see Georgie in a hospital gown down the hallway going into the rooms. She's kicking and clawing at a bunch of nurses. "No!  No!  Let go of me."

"Georgie, sweetie, please stop. You're going to hurt yourself even more!" a nurse pleads.

I gun it for her without thinking and slam past the doors that are about to shut on me. Ace and everyone darts after me.

"No, sir, all of you, none of you can be back here," a nurse tries explaining, but I move around her and gently grab Georgie from the guy trying to manhandle her, glaring at him. I swiftly bring her into me.

"Tater Tot, it's me. It's okay," I say into her damp white gold curls. "I've got you."

She calms and her heavy breathing starts becoming slow and steady. Another nurse clad in purple scrubs comes running over with a bag of needles. I glare at her. "You were going to sedate her? She hates needles."

All the nurses are panting like they have run a marathon. All because of the pixie in my arms. One of her small hands fastens onto my coveralls.

"We have to get an IV going and she needs x-rays," a blonde haired nurse says calmly.

"X-rays for what?" I ask.

Looking at her colleagues she doesn't say a word but points to Georgie's limp arm, then ribs and then her head.  Pulling Georgie away and looking down at her causes every vein in my body toburst.  Her left cheek has a large bandage taped on it that has blood seeping through the gauze and scratches all over her bruised face.

When I see her wrist, all bent and obviously broken, I take a deep breath. First, we need to get her taken care of. She's peering up at me as if in a daze with bright red rimmed eyes. "My head hurts."

Bringing her to me, I kiss it. I look back up at the nurses. "Take care of her."

Georgie latches onto me with her one arm. "Don't leave me."

A hand clamps on my shoulder and Nova hands me his phone.

Meet outside to discuss your damaged package.

A low growl escapes my lips. I hand Nova his phone back and bury my face into her curls at the crook of her neck, whispering, "Who the hell did this to you?" She stiffens and I slide my hand gently up her arm and rest it on the other side of her neck. "Who, Tater Tot."

She turns her lips, tickling my ear with them. "Dallas..." she pauses and gives a dry swallow, and Red Light."

Nodding I look up and motion Ace to come over. Burying my face in her curls again I say to her ear, "Ace will stay with you until I get back, okay?"

"You're going to kill them aren't you?" she whispers back so softly I know no one hears her.

I don't answer. I breathe in her apple scent and press my lips against that drumming vein at her throat and she gives an appreciated sigh like I gave her a strong dose of morphine.

I don't care that everyone's watching.

My mouth moves along the side of her neck causing her to tilt her head back with another heated sigh. My thump lays right under her chin as my palm cups her soft skin and my index finger touches right behind her ear.

Angling my face towards hers, I nudge my nose against her little one as those apple red lips wait for me, as if they're whispering at me to kiss her. My heavy ones fall onto her perfectly soft and supple ones. I kiss her lazily, enjoying every sweet taste of her. Her cool against my warmth ignites that fire in me once again and I heat her up with each kiss as all the beeping and annoying hospital sounds fade away.