8. I Have an Idea!

Start from the beginning

"Maybe serving affected him, maybe he couldn't save someone so he puts all his energy into you guys and this club?" I hypothesize.

Ducky glances down at me with a small smirk. "Oh, my little love muffin, I may not know him well but I do know that serving was the best thing that happened to him. Whatever cross he's hauling around has nothing to do with being in the military."

His sister.

Before I can ask him more Ducky slides his arm off me and stomps toward Adonis like a bear about to maul its prey. A loud slam gains my attention and I see Dallas booking it for Adonis. Coming like a slingshot behind me are Nova and Nails and they whip by until they're next to Adonis.

Dallas gets right up in Adonis's face shouting, "You cheated you went before the light! You fixed it!"

Adonis remains cool. How is this guy a loose cannon? I've only ever seen him calm. A girl walking by looks at me strangely. "You okay?"

I smile sheepishly. "Yeah, sorry, just talking out loud. Don't mind me."

She gives me that look I've received many times back in Rhode Island. That you're insane look. Ignoring her, I jog over to the commotion, slipping past people.

"You run this place so it's obvious. I mean come on you're still the king after how many years of not racing because of your garbage eye." My fists clench at that as Ducky, Nails and Nova follow Adonis's lead in remaining calm.

"Your filth just like that sister of yours who got what was coming!" Dallas screams in his face.

It all happens so fast.

I snap.

Me.

Not Adonis or anyone else.

Me

My nail scratching slap doesn't echo or anything dramatic like that but I know I left burning trails of deep abrasions on Dallas's face. His head reels back at me and he grabs me with such force he could easily snap my wrist. He gropes me hard and it hurts like a mother.

A fist collides with Dallas's face so hard he looks like a scarecrow about to lose the pumpkin sitting on its head. I can hear the cracks from his nose breaking and shudder. His meaty violating hand leaves my body as Adonis pounces on him like a sleek panther. I watch in shock as if this is a choreographed fight that's been a long time coming.

Dallas, with blood gushing from his nose, struggles as he tries to take a swing at Adonis, who easily ducks with his fist coming into contact with Dallas's face once again. This hit is so hard Dallas falls flat on the ground as Adonis starts a rampage of fury.

It's one thing to see and hear it on tv it's another to witness it in person. There's only one thing that's only ever sounded worse that this and it's when I have my brain fractures. The sound of flesh beating flesh, of bones breaking, of a guy coughing and choking on blood. All of it is unsettling.

My stomach turns as Adonis lifts Dallas's upper torso a little off the ground, who's arms and legs have lost all tension in them. Dallas's face is unrecognizable and horribly deformed now with puffed eyes closed shut and blood covering his face. Adonis doesn't stop though. He keeps lifting Dallas and letting him just barely hover above the ground and lands another stomach churning punch.

He's not slowing down either. He's not tired at all.

Ducky, Nova and Nails grab hold of him, pulling him off Dallas, who is clearly lost in a black void and at this point I'm wondering if he'll be in a coma for the rest of his life. Blood splatter is all over Adonis's shirt and cut with some sprinkles of it on his jeans.