CHAPTER 6: the mystery "date"

Kind of a long chapter but enjoy :)

JESSICA POV

Jacob and I walked outside my house to his car. He had a white Mercades Benz, with black interior. I honestly did not expect him to have such a nice car. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't a Mercedes. Jacob said "So how've you been?" "I've been alright, what about you?" I responded. Jacob nodded and said "yea same." "Oh" I responded. It got kind of awkward then he said "So uh, what's the deal with you and Mark? Like I know you guys dated for a little while but.." I was honestly kind of shocked to hear he didn't know what happened between me and Mark because it seemed like everyone at school knew. "Oh well, we dated for about 5 months and I don't know, he just was really immature and he just was always getting caught flirting with the other girls and I was honestly just tired of it." Jacob nodded and he took a second to respond. It looked like he was trying to find the perfect words. "Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Honestly I knew you had a good reason to breaking up with him. But you deserve way better." I nodded and said "yea" then I looked out the window. We where some place that looked familiar to me but I didn't know where we where or why it looked so familiar.

We pulled up to a small building and Jacob said "we're here." Excitedly and smiled. I looked around and said " uh where exactly are we?" Jacob chuckled and said "Come here." He grabbed my hand and we walked inside the building. I was guessing this was some sort of restaurant because it smelt so good. It smelt like cheese and garlic. It kind of reminded me of an Italian restaurant. An older woman came up to us and said " Hi Jacob it's always nice to see you" then looked at me and smiled. She continued "so who's this young lady you have here with you?" Jacob kind of blushed and said "Loretta, this is Jessica." She nodded and said "well it nice to meet you Jessica, I'm Loretta." "It's nice to meet you too." I replied with a smile. The she took us to a little patio outside and whispered to me "Only the best table for you two." I smiled and said "Thank you." She nodded and walked away. "So, how do you know Loretta?" I asked. "she's just a family friend." I nodded then he handed me a menu and said "what sounds good to you?" "Uh I don't know, what are you gonna get?" I replied. "I'll probably just get some Alfredo pasta, they make the best here." I nodded and said "hmm I guess I'll get what your getting."

We finally got our food and I took a bite. This pasta was the best I've ever had. Honestly it might be better than the pasta at Olive Garden. I said "mmmmm, this is so good." Jacob looked at me and laughed. I shook my head.
He was kind of flirting with me the whole lunch but i didn't mind it, I played a long.
"So since you asked me about my ex, what's up with you and your ex? I've never really seen you with anyone but I always heard about you and some girl named Beatrice" I said. Jacob looked kind of stunned when I said this but he responded and said "Oh well, me and Beatrice dated for about 8 months but I ended up breaking up with her because I caught her cheating on me with my best friend at the time Sean. Actually I think you've at least seen Beatrice. She was that blonde girl staring at us in class." "Ohhhhh her." I said "She was lowkey being rude earlier this Morning when I was getting my schedule." Jacob shook his
Head and said "She was always jealous of you." I was VERY shocked when he said that. Like why would she be jealous of me. I'm nothing special. She's popular, she gets all the guys, she's rich. I was just.. simple. "Really?" I said. "Yea. I mean if I where her id be jealous too." I am in total shock right now. I was about to say something when Loretta came and said "Here's the check. No rush." I'm glad she came when she did because it started to get a little awkward. I said "thank you." Then got up and went to the restroom to fix my hair. Once I finished I went back to the table and said to Jacob "Thank you so much." "Yea no problem. But save your thank you's for the end" Jacob said then winked. We got back into the car and said "So I'm guessing your not gonna tell me where we're going next." "Nope I'm not. But don't worry, you'll like it." I nodded then looked outside the window. It was barely 2:58 so basically 3:00. I wonder where we're going next.