CHAPTER: 1 First day

Me and Makayla have been best friends for what seemed like forever. We met at Melva Elementary in our fifth grade class. We've known each other now for about 6 years, and now we're finally starting our junior year at Franklin High.
      "Girl I freaking can't believe that we are already juniors!" "I know. Remember when we were in fifth grade in Mr. E's class?" "Jessica, Oh my gosh yes! We used to have so much fun in that class." "Yea I remember. Makayla I can't believe tomorrow's our first day of school already. What if we don't get the same classes?" I said frowning at the floor. "Don't worry we will. And if we don't we'll ditch to see each other." We both laughed.
Makayla called me waking me up telling me to get ready because she was going to be there in 30 minutes. I took a quick shower and decided to wear my favorite denim ripped jeans, a red cropped shirt, my air forces Makayla got me for my birthday, and a black zip up sweater in case I got cold.

     I almost finished curling my hair when I heard a knock on my window

I almost finished curling my hair when I heard a knock on my window. I already knew it was Makayla. She came through my front door with all her makeup and said "Girl look at you!" She always hyped me up. "Oooooo Makayla out here tryna make all the guys fall for you or whateva." I said matching her energy. Makayla was my best friend but ever since we first met, all the guys always fell for her. It's not that I'm jealous, it's just that it would feel nice to have guys like me for a change. We went into my room and did our makeup. I don't like wearing a full face of makeup so I just put some concealer, mascara, and some lip gloss on. Then we grabbed some snacks and stuffed it in our backpacks. "Jessica, I'm so nervous" Makayla admitted "Yea I know me too, but don't worry we'll have each other, plus, I have a feeling we'll have classes together so let's just have a good day." I said trying to comfort her. "Yea that's true. Well come one we're gonna be late." Makayla said pulling me to her car.
When we finally got to school we walked to the cafeteria to pick up our schedules. Luckily both of our last names start with a L so we got to wait in line together. "Name?" A blonde girl working at the tables said to me "Jessica Lopez" "Here" this girl was having an attitude that I didn't like. It's my first day so I don't want to get into any drama so I just stood there waiting for Makayla looking unbothered. Makayla finally got her schedule and we walked out of the cafeteria to the benches outside to check each other's schedules. We had our whole schedule together except science where we had the same period but different teachers, which is annoying but whatever. I was surprised we even had 5 periods together plus the same lunch.
     When we started walking to our first period I noticed the cutest guys in school staring at me and Makayla. Hopefully it's because we were looking good. "Oh my gosh Makayla, did you notice Jacob and his friends staring at us?" "Girl yes. This is random but If Jacob walked up to you right now and asked you out what would you say?" "Makayla seriously, you know I had a crush on him since like 8th grade. Of course I would say yes." "Even though he's a f-boy?" Makayla said making me doubt myself. "Girl he's not a f-boy. What about you? What if Ruben came and asked you out?" I said changing the topic. Makayla gave me the death stare because we promised we wouldn't bring up his name anymore since last year when he asked her out as a dare. "Okay okay sorry I forgot." I really did forget, I was just caught up in the moment thinking of me actually dating Jacob.
When we got to our first class we sat next to each other. We were one of the first people there. I was watching the door waiting to see if anyone I knew would walk in. Then of course my ex Mark walked in, then right behind him I saw Jacob. Makayla noticed that they walked in together and looked at me. Then Ruben and Makayla's ex Alex walked in to class together. "What the hell? Now our exes and our crushes are friends? Since when?" I whispered to Makayla hoping no one could hear me "I know! What the fuck?"
Once the bell rang our teacher Mrs.Tony introduced herself "Okay class my name is Mrs.Tony. Welcome to your first period and first day of junior year. So before I introduce myself to you guys I would like everyone to grab their bags and stand in the back of the class." I know what this means, assigned seats. "Okay so when I call your name come sit at this table. Layla, Amy, Isaiah, Carlos, Isabella, and Omar" I could tell she's going by alphabetical order. I'm hoping that me and Makayla will be able to sit next to each other. "Ruben, Jacob, Alex, Mark, Makayla, and Jessica." Me and Makayla looked at each other. Are you serious. We have to sit with our ex's and our crush. Of course, my luck!
Once the teacher assigned everyone to their seats she continued to introduce herself "Okay so like I was saying I'm Mrs. Tony, I'm not that strict, I don't give out homework, and my last name is actually Pearce, I just like Tony better, which is my first name." I looked at Makayla and said "Aye she seems really chill. I'm excited." "Yea same." "I just can't believe this is our.. group." I said trying to be as quiet as possible. "Aye Jacob, whatchu think of that girl over there? To be honest she hella fine." My ex Mark said to jake, Which isJacob's nickname. "Nah she ain't all that. Mark if that's your type then ion even know." Jacob said laughing. "Yea I know. I found out my type was different after JESSICA broke up with me, like imagine having all of this." Mark said then scoffed. I looked at Mark with a warning look. I can't believe I dated him, ewe he's so cocky, but of course I knew he was going to say something dumb like this, he always does. "Aye bro chill. She probably broke up with you for a good reason." Jacob said defending me. I looked at Makayla trying not to make it obvious that I'm totally freaking out right now. "Haha your funny. Defending her like that. For what bro she's a bitch." I could NOT believe that he was talking shit right in front of my face. I was about to say something when Jacob put his arm around my shoulder and said "Mark don't be disrespectful, you don't say shit like that about girls, especially when their right in front of you." He said seriously. Then Mark got up and said "Bro what the Fuck, so you guys are dating or something? You know she's my ex." Then of course Jacob stood up and said "Actually no Mark, we're not dating, but be disrespectful like that one more time and see what's gonna happen." Mark looked shocked that Jacob was defending me so much. Mark just got up and asked the teacher to go to the bathroom. I'm totally freaking out. What just happened?