𝟎𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢

❝Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite❞

Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN VOLTERRA AND FLORENCE, ITALY

The next few hours went by in a blur, and before Anna had a moment to realize what was happening and what the hell she was doing, they were already in a stolen porsche speeding down the road from Florence airport to Volterra. 
She still didn't entirely understand why they had to go all the way to Italy or who the Volturi were, that part hadn't been part of Jacobs description of the supernatural, however she did know that Edward, who apparently was a vampire (As if gigantic wolves weren't enough) was trying to get himself killed, and no one, not even herself, would commit suicide on Annas watch. Not again.

Alice was zoning in and out trying to get a look on what was going on with Edward as they sped towards the city of Volterra "I'm guessing you didn't rent this car" Bella said clearly trying to get her head on something else, her breathing rapid "I figured you guys wouldn't be opposed to grand auto theft" Alice answered looking far more worried and serious than Anna had ever seen her "not today" Bella told her before Alice zoned out again "what Alice? what did you see?" Anna asked her, being the only one who was still somewhat composed "They refused him, so he's gonna make a scene, show himself to the humans" Alice explained "no, when" Bella asked sounding increasingly worried "he's gonna wait until noon, when the sun is at it's highest," "god Alice you gotta hurry up," "look there's Volterra" Anna pointed out in front of the car, it was a beautiful city and Anna suddenly felt a want, no more of a need, to stay there forever.

VOLTERRA, ITALY

They finally made it into the city, Alice was rushing down the narrow streets, before they came upon a group of people all dressed in red cloaks "why are they all in red?" Anna asked feeling an odd mixture of extremely nervous, excited and more calm than ever "st. Marcus day festival" Alice answered, "They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city, it's the perfect setting, but the Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself" she continued sounding like she was trying her hardest to keep calm "five minutes" Bella gasped out "It's okay Bella, just breathe" Anna assured her as she put a hand on the trembling girls shoulder "Bella I'm going to get you as close as possible, and then you're going to run in the direction I point you" Alice explained rapidly "Try not to trip" she added "we don't have time for a concussion today" Anna snorted at her last comment, it would be just like Bella to trip and hurt herself in a situation like this, they drove for about another minute before they were stopped by the italian police, Bella flew out the car the second it stopped, Alice wasted no time pointing in the direction of the clock tower, and Bella was off running faster than Anna knew the girl could in that same direction.

Anna followed Alice in and out between the mass of people, doing their best possible to stay in the shadows so no one would notice the vegetarian vampire. Annas head was overrun with questions 'did Bella make it in time?' 'was she safe?' 'was Edward safe?' luckily for her though she didn't have much time to ponder before the duo had reached the clock tower, and Alice broke open the door "come on guys, it's a festival, we wouldn't wanna make a scene" she said taking off her scarf and sunglasses she had used to protect herself from the sun, Anna looked around the room once again feeling completely out of place, Alice had abandoned her side to talk to two red eyed vampires, one extremely large one, and a more lean one, none the less they both radiate strength like Anna had never seen before. 

Meanwhile Bella was clinging to an exhausted looking Edward, who just then seemed to notice her present "Anna what are you-" but his sentence was cut off with one look from Alice, the two seemingly having a silent conversation, that was interrupted when a young, beautiful  girl roughly the age of fifteen made her way towards the group, her red eyes standing out like a sore thumb amongst her otherwise soft features "enough" she spoke up in an authoritative voice, "Jane" Edward greeted the girl, sounding even more tense than before, if that was even possible "Aro sent me to see what's taking so long" she simply said sending a look to the two red eyed vampires before turning around and walking back the way she came, only this time the entire group followed her, Anna sent a scared look to Alice who told her to just do what the girl, Jane, says. 

VOLTERRA, ITALY

VOLTURI CASTLE

They walked down a few cricked old looking corridors, before reaching a more modern elevator, the entire group entered, with Jane last, most of them feeling incredibly nervous, especially the two humans, the elevator ride was completely silent besides some old opera music playing in the background, making the ride up all the more awkward.

When they made it out of the elevator they arrived in a reception like setting, where a beautiful young woman stood up too greet them in Italian that Anna didn't understand a word off, "is she human?" she could hear Bella whisper to Edward, even though whispering was pointless in their current company "yes" he simply answered "does she know?" "yes" "then why would... she wants to be" Bella continued "and so she will be" the leaner of the two stranger vampire men answered with an incredibly nice English accent, "or dessert" Jane added to his comment, they finally made it to two massive doors that Jane, who was walking in the front, opened with ease they went inside a beautiful and probably ancient and very white room with a high sealing and lots of natural light, it was was breath taking. "Sister I bring you out to get one, and you bring back two... and two halves, such a clever girl" a young brunette boy, around the same age as Jane herself greeted with a kiss on her cheek, "what a happy surprise" a loud child-like voice said softly, making Anna look up towards where he was standing , and that's when she saw him, the most astonishing man she had ever seen, with the most beautiful blonde hair, and piercing red eyes who stared right into her soul and made her whole world stop, that's when she met him, her life line, her everything, the ruthless vampire king, Caius Volturi.