𝟏𝟔. 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐜

❝Fear is the path to the dark side❞

Life in the Cullen household was hectic, with all of the vampires in the house being on a tight schedule to keep an eye on Bella and her dad, even if the wolves did help the free time that the Cullens might have was spent hunting or looking out for Anna, Carlisle especially was worried about the Stanley girl, so he spent a great deal of time keeping a subtle eye on the girl.

Caius and the guard still hadn't returned from Seattle even if it had been a couple of days now, and Anna was beginning to believe that they probably wouldn't come back, it disappointed her, was, for a moment she had allowed herself to believe that maybe her life was worth more than her untimely death, but it seemed that Caius had no intention of fighting for her, now that he was reassured that she was actually alive.

However Annas somewhat normal human life went on and so did her talks with Saoirse, who had put Anna on fluoxetine, an antidepressant medication that Anna up until nw had refused to take, as she was scared they would make her gain weight, but Saoirse had finally convinced the girl that for the time being it was best that she got something to take the edge off so it would be easier to work with the issues at hand, and Anna had to admit she regretted not accepting the medication earlier, although it made her feel more apathetic to the world around her it also made it slightly easier for her to work with Saoirse, who had managed to make Anna pretty serious about recovery.

One of the many issues that Anna had struggled with was that she had given up, she was no longer fighting for herself but for others, and Saoirse made her realize in order to get better she had to start fighting for herself, because in the end it was her life she needed to improve, not everybody else's.

FORKS, WASHINGTON - CULLEN KITCHEN

Anna was currently sitting in the kitchen with Jasper, Emmett and Carlisle watching the news, "Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are battled by the escalating murders and disappearances - Theories range from a vicious new gang to wildly active serial killer" the news lady voice sounded from the television, as Edward and Bella entered hand in hand.

Carlisle turned off the TV "it's getting worse" he stated with an unusual frown "we're gonna have to do something" he continued looking around the room at the other vampires and the two humans.

"It takes more than one of our kind the cause the damage that they're describing" Jasper went on to inform the group "quite a few more, they're undisciplined and conspicuous-" "it's newborns" Carlisle concluded based on the facts that Jasper had just provided them with "what? like new vampires." Bella asked voicing Annas exact thoughts before she had a chance to open her mouth.

"In the first few months after the change-" "that's when we're at our most uncontrollable, Vicious, insane with thirst" Carlisle and Jasper explained the answer to Bellas previously stated question, "something to look forward to" Emmett went on to tease with a smirk edged across his flawless features, Jasper sent him a look before continuing his conclusions about what was happening in Seattle.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random" He disclosed, "someone's creating an army" Carlisle added "well now we're definitely going to Seattle" Emmett exclaimed rising up, voice full of excitement and determination "an army of vampires?" Anna voiced, face full of worry, she still wouldn't consider herself a supernatural expert, actually she felt quite dense when it came to everything of that sort of  thing, but it didn't take a genius to figure out that what ever was going on it wasn't good.

"And they were created to fight someone" Jasper told the girl matter of factly, with a dangerous glint in his eye "we're the only clan even close to Seattle" Edward stated calmly, yet if you payed enough attention you could her the hint of worry lying in tech undertone of his voice "regardless of why they were made if we don't put a stop to it, the Volturi will, I'm surprised they let it go on this long" Carlisle said taking the lead of the conversation, Carlisles statement got Anna thinking, why had the Volturi let it go on this long? if she had understood correctly, assuming she hadn't been lied to (not that it would surprise her if she had) the Elite guard plus the possibly most skilled fighter in the world were in Seattle right this second, so why weren't they doing anything? the question nagged at Anna, and she started fiddling with her hands not quite knowing what to do with herself as she had lost all sense of abridgment over the situation.

"we have to consider that they're behind it, in Italy I read Aros mind, he wants me and Alice to join him, but he knows we'll never choose him while our family is still alive" Edward explained, making Bella snap her head up to look at him with eyes full of worry.

Anna couldn't help but agree with Edward, maybe the Volturi were behind it all, maybe she had been naive to believe that Caius had stayed because he wanted to at least attempt to build some sort of lasting relationship with her, his soulmate. maybe he was just here to help his brother get rid of the Cullens, the family that had taken Anna in and aided her in her darkest hours, a family who had promised to be there for her in the lows that she knew ere still to come, did she really mean so little? even after he had been so close to loosing her for good, he still didn't care about her at all?

One thing was certain: If Caius would dare show his face here again, Anna was going to give him hell.