55✖never let go

Oscar's pov

"Whats wrong?" I felt Elsy's presence keep me company on the couch.

"What do you mean?" I raise a brow.

"You've been staring at the tv for an hour."

"Okay?"

"Its not on Oscar." she let out a sigh as she put her hand on my arm.

"Are you having second thoughts on moving?" She bit her lip.

"Yeah a little." I admit as i stared back at the blank tv.

"Please talk to me. I don't like it when you're in your head." She laid her head on my shoulder.

"I know... its just.. I'm stressed out."

"About the bills? I know it will be overwhelming but baby we'll figure it out." She was doing everything to be reassuring.

"No." I cut her off. "I met up with Cuchillos this morning... and she was totally fine with me leaving the gang."

"Really? Well thats amazing!" Her eyes glowed.

"Yeah... except that she seemed way too okay with it. Its not that easy." I groaned in frustration.

"Well what if it is? Oscar, she's probably understanding that you have a family to prioritize. Everything is fine." She lifted my chin so I would look at her instead of the tv.

"What if its not Elsy?"

"It will be." I felt her soft kiss.

Then she reached for my hand and held it tight. Never letting go.

Cesar's pov

"Your brother has been talking about Elsy again." The doctor mentioned as he scribbled into his clipboard.

"Elsy." I let out a sigh.

"But now he mentions Elsy and a Juliette."

"Juliette?" I raised my brow. I haven't recognized the name.

"The way he talks about her. Its as if that was his daughter."

That broke me.

"Was this Elsy ever pregnant?"

"Well um... the day of the big fight they had. When Amanda set up the panties in his car. Elsy was furious. We all for sure thought she left. But she actually came back. I remember it as if it was yesterday. Oscar was sitting in the front of the yard drinking a beer with the guys.  It was getting dark. Then we just see Elsy walking along the sidewalk. Oscar immediately ran up to her. I don't know what they were talking about. But she handed him a paper then tried walking away. But he kept holding on. Didnt let go. Not even once. Thats when the rival gang drove by and it was about 3 gun shots I heard before they sped off. It was Elsy and Oscar on the floor. We all ran to them. Elsy was on the floor and she couldn't move. Oscar on the other hand was by her side screaming and screaming. He was hysterical. He was so worried about Elsy that he forgot that he got shot and was bleeding out. It was a really gloomy night. After the ambulance came I went in the vehicle with my brother. He kept crying and would let go of the ultrasound paper. I guess thats what Elsy handed him. The last thing she told him before she died was that she was pregnant with a girl."

The doctor just let out a sigh.

That was before he handed me his clipboard with notes.

"I've been monitoring your brother for a long time." He pointed at the notes.

"He has created a life as if Elsy never died that night. More like she left and came back. And everything was okay."

I looked down at the clipboard then back at Oscar who was sitting in a chair in room.

All i could see was him with his hand out.

As if he was holding someone's hand. He never let go.

—sweeteasaint

so this is in fact the end:(

its been a year of writing this... thats so crazy to me.

im really happy for everybody who reads my books and if you've been reading them for a while you know i put out a lot and overwhelm myself.

I just love putting out these stories for you guys. and im actually really happy with how this one ended.

(if you are reading this chapter confused as hell... basically

after elsy found the chonies in oscar's car and stormed off (in chapter 24: red light) the next chapter brings up oscar going to elsy's apartment to tell her it was a set up. but shes gone.

so everything cesar mentions in THIS chapter is basically what happened the same night elsy found the chonies. everything after chapter 24: red light was all made up by oscar.

and we'll say that cesar talking to the doctor happened a few months after elsy died and this was oscar trying to cope with it

sorry if that was confusing.

but anyways

that was the end of this book.

ladies and gentlemen

this was Underrated.

what does the title have to do with the story I HAVE NO IDEA🤩 its up to you to decide

:)