54✖compromise

Elsy's pov

Elsy's pov

A few days later

"Hey Elsy!" One of my workers walked into my office.

"Yeah?"

"Theres a guy here. Said he's looking for Elsy." she looked at me confused. "He's kinda cute." she whispered as I walked past her to check who it was.

There Oscar was with a bag of food from my favorite Taqueria. Unfortunately Javier's isn't my favorite.

"Hey." He stood there awkwardly.

"Come in." i motion my hand towards my office  in the back of the boutique.

"Thought you'd be hungry." He shrugged as he took a seat across from me.

"Thank you." i looked him in the eyes.

Things have been weird since the fight we had in Brentwood. I don't know where we stood. I mentioned that our relationship might as well be over... but we still sleep in the same bed every night.

Sometimes I don't know if we are fighting for this relationship for ourselves or for Juliette.

I feel like the love isn't there like it used to be.

We ate our tacos in silence.

"I've been looking..."

"Hm?" I took a sip of my horchata before glancing back at him.

"At houses." he licked his lips and looked down at his sneakers for a quick second.

"Oh." I was actually caught by surprise.

"I mean they aint no Brentwood houses but its close enough." He pulled out his phone to show me.

The idea of him actually trying to do research made my day.

"Elsy you made me realize that this isn't about me anymore. I'm a dad now.  And I want to do better. I dont want my daughter to see me as a cold hearted gang leader. I want her to see me as the cool dad who will play with dollies her." He pouted. "I want to grow a family with you, in a safe and secure house. And if that means i have to leave Freeridge behind. Then i'll do it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all as long as I get to be with you."

I didnt even realize i was crying until Oscar walked over to wipe my tears.

"I love you." I felt his lips on mine.

"I love you too." I smiled.

And just like that. For the next week Oscar and I looked through Zillow. (not sponsored btw) 

We decided we really wanted a 3 bedroom house so our kids can have their own rooms. We planned for this to be our home home.

Plus we agreed that we'd have one more baby so Juliette would have a friend.

We scheduled appointments with the realtor to look into the houses we favorited.

It was all so exciting.

Oscar's pov

"Hey Cuchillos." I gulped nervously as I entered her house.

"What brings you here Spooky?" she says my name in a mocking tone. (If i ever called cuchillos a he in the past chapters that was wayyyy before s3)

"We need to talk."

"About?" I watched as she took a sip of her drink.

"So you know about my my life now? I got a girlfriend and a daughter."

"Yes. What about them?"

"They made me realize that I need to be a family man before anything else."

I could tell she knew where this was going.

"Let me cut to the chase. You're basically saying you want out?" A mischievous smile formed on her scary face.

"Yes." I gulped once again.

"Wow." she laughed. But not like a cruel laugh.
More like a impressed laugh. I sensed some joy in this gloomy bitch's laugh.

"I've never had a santo tell me they wanted out. Usually they know that it doesn't work that way. But you had the courage to really ask me."

I sat there not knowing how this would end.

—sweeteasaint

i missed oscar