•|| Chapter 4 ||•

Pain changes people, it makes them

trust less,overthink more and shut

people out.

Credits:Pinterest

•|•|•|•|•

The mid day sun blazed hot as he ran towards her block panting heavily with his heart beating faster. He can not let her go at any cost , especially because of his foolishness. Shivaay was an unexpected guest in the early afternoon for Chirag, who was sipping his coffee after his hectic designing schedule.

" You? Again?" he frowned as Shivaay rang the door bell continuously interrupting his gaze on the fashion week magazine.

"Annika?" his heavy breathes hurdled in between his longing voice. " I need to meet her , where is she?"

"Come in " Chirag visually sighed knowing Annika would have resigned her job. Even though yesterday he tried convincing her to not leave the company , she still stood firm on her decision. Ryan was forever supporting Annika to an extent to even pay the Industry's compensation. But at last Annika made her decision.

Pointing towards the direction were Annika was "Be calm!" the only words Chirag told as he sat down to resume his fashion magazine.

Shivaay was sure Annika would not accept his apology after his demeaning words about her character. He would do anything to get back his love , his Annika. But primarily his aim was to clear the dirt he painted on a girl's character as a human. With slow yet steady steps , he made his way into Annika's room.

" Annika?" his soft whisper didn't wake a physically curled and an emotionally tired , sleeping Annika. His hands automatically brushed her hair softly, while his eyes teared a little. What did he do to this innocent and soft girl , to the woman who changed his life. His life was black and white until she came like a storm and filled his life with colour smokes.

" Baby!" Shivaay's throat formed a lump , which he was desperately try to swallow. Annika's eyes were open in an instant hearing his voice , she jerked his hand waking up with tired red eyes.

"What! " the rasp snap in her tone , made Shivaay guiltier as she leaned towards the head rest. Her eyes never met his , not even for once from the time she woke up.

" Annika!" his hands were itching to hold her slender fingers and caresses till his heart bled. Gulping his hurt and guilt "Annika, listen to me once!"

" Yes, I'm listening. What now?" she wasn't inhuman like him to not even listen other person's point and hurt people. Annika was mature enough to see both the side , instead of partially seeing one's feeling.

Shivaay was ashamed till end of the world hearing her. She knew to respect one's feeling , but he didn't once have an idea to listen to her. Sighing " I'm sorry " the cracky glass voice caught Annika's attention , she was strong enough to push it away without a second thought.

" Okay! Done? Leave now" her indifference were swords piercing his heart. Then the same heart whispered 'You deserve this'

" Annika please don't do this to me! I'm not justifying my act. I know my fault , its my biggest mistake to question your character. Please I'm sorry." His eyes spoke the never ending guilt and remorse while his hand slowly caught hers. But at last what he received was her silence , which was ultimately killed him.

" Annika please talk to me! Scold me , hit me do anything you want , but just talk to me " the pleading whisper left his mouth.

"Why should I ?" Annika licked her dry lips finding her voice somewhere deep down her crushed heart. "Did you listen when I talk? Or did you let me talk for once?huh? For what should I talk to you? Whatever we had was over yesterday. I don't think we have anything to talk!" she stood up straightening her dress.

"Annika, please, I love you!"

"I don't , now leave Shivaay!" her voice was stern enough for him to know she wouldn't listen even though he begs her now.

"Annika , one chance , let me rectify my mistake. Please!" he held her hand again feeling so disgusted of himself.

" I told you, Shivaay." She whispered not turning back. " I told you the day I confessed my love to you" the shaky breathe she left made him remember the day she accepted her feeling. 'Shivaay , never break my trust on you , on this relationship. I won't come back ever'

" I won't come back" she clutched his wrist turning around with her eyes red enough to burn his skin. Shivaay knew the terrible wound he caused in her eyes. Nothing he knew except the fact that she was dragging him out.

"Annie! Hey!" Chirag who was indeed wanted to treat Shivaay like a guest was preparing some snacks and drinks for him. The second he saw Annika dragging out Shivaay , he rushed to her.

"Get out" those words the last he heard before Annika shut the door on his face and finally those tears started flowing.

"Annika!" the whisper left his mouth as his knees gave up crying hard. " Annika , please! I'm sorry. I love you. Please don't do this to me" his right hand hit the door strongly for her to hear. He can't let go Annika now , Shivaay wasn't soo strong to leave Annika and live.

" Hey! I'm Asha , you?" two months passed with Shivaay showing up every night to apologize and convince her. She had hard time avoiding Shivaay. Thousands of texts , hundreds of calls but she didn't pick up once. There were days when she changed her phone number , but the next second she gets a call from Shivaay. She blocked his number when she started receiving more number of calls. When Shivaay decided to chase her, he had his own ways. This lead him to own a sim and a mobile company of his own.

Ryaan was an all time hurdle for him to meet Annika at her flat. He always behaved like a bog brother who stopped his sister's boy friend. Not that Shivaay complains but feels good seeing someone protective of Annika. Chirag was the only consolation for Shivaay. Day by day Chirag became Shivaay's friend too. He was the one who helped Shivaay to sneak in sometimes and meet Annika. It was Chirag who gave Annika's new numbers and informed him about Annika's whereabouts.

" Hey! Annika " she forwarded her hand for a small hand shake. At present she was in standing at the entrance of 'Hotel O'. After resigning from the Oberoi Industries and two months break , she was appointed as the General Manager in Event's Department. To her shock the day, the day before joining the hotel has been sold to one of the famous companies in the world. Along with her , the boss of the hotel is also new. But one thing which was in her mind for long was the time when she was informed to be the secretary of the boss also. And her boss preferably asked and appointed her.

"Annika! Annika" the low whisper and nudging of Asha made her come out her revive.

"Huh?" she turned towards Asha in confusion.

"The Boss is here!" Asha was gaping looking at the dapper new hot boss ahead. Annika shook her head negatively in disbelief looking at Asha's open mouth. Looking ahead , her breathing stopped for a second.

"Shivaay!" the whisper left her mouth in a lowvoice but enough for Shivaay to hear, who passed through her with a wicked wink

|•|•|•|

Apologies for being late!

How was the update?

Do drop down your comments!

|•|•|•|

Arya