In My Head-Part 27

Start from the beginning

Oh god Ant, he had jumped...we were going to lose him!

My world stopped and I stood frozen in place as I imagined the aftermath of losing Ant and the impact it would have on everyone especially Declan, he would never recover from this...none of us would.

I was standing there lost in my own horrible images of what the future held and I would have remained that way too if it wasn't for the small heartbreaking voice and then the rough broken empty sounding one that answered that broke my heart to the core shaking me out of my trance.

"Anth p-please....you c-can't d-do this to m-me....I l-love you so m-much p-please...d-don't d-do this..."

"I-I h-have to D-decky....I-I h-have to g-go n-now....p-please D-Declan...l-let m-me go.."

I heard Dec sob in response and then I looked over to see him shaking his head and trying to pull Ant up only to slide along the roof again as his strength began to fail him, I moved towards them at a run; I had to help..I had to try.

I made it over to them and dropped to my knees next to Dec not even sparing him a glance as I laid down on my stomach and grabbed Ant under his arms by his shirt; my heart broke as I looked down at him.

Ant's eyes were so empty so emotionless and he was sobbing with huge tears rolling down his face as he continued to thrash and kick at the building.

Ant was serious about this...he really wanted to die...

I felt tears pooling in my eyes threating to fall until Dec spoke again his words pushed me right over the edge allowing the tears to fall freely.

"A-Anth P-please...I-I c-can't l-lose y-you...p-please d-don't leave m-me...y-you p-promised....y-you wouldn't l-leave m-me..."

Dec's words did it for me and I found a new level of strength and determination, I had to save Ant..for Dec's sake.

I gripped his tshirt hard and began sliding back along the rooftop, Dec realized what I was trying to do and began to move with me pulling Ant's arm, between the two of us we had enough to strength to move him and as his body rose up I sighed in relief only to gasp in fear as Ant managed to kick the building again and all three of us slid forward.

I went to pull again only this time I felt Ant's shirt give a little and I looked down to see that it was starting to tear..oh god...Ant struggled and kicked once more and his shirt ripped even further.

Dec let out another whimper and the sound of it broke the hold on my emptions and led me to do something I would regret for the rest of my days, I had to get Ant to stop struggling and with that thought in mind I brought my hand up and with as much force as I could manage I slapped him hard across the face.

The sound echoed and I heard Ant cry out in pain before he looked up at me with big fear filled eyes, I felt bad about what I had done but it had the desired effect and Ant stopped struggling against us.

I knew Dec would be furious at me for striking Ant but as I looked over at him he nodded at me and seized Ant's other hand which was now cupping his cheek and between the two of us we made quick work of dragging Ant's now limp and shaking body over the ledge and onto the roof.

As soon as he was safely back on the roof I collapsed to the ground alongside Dec fighting to catch my breath as Ant covered his face with his hands and began to sob loud and harsh the sound tearing at my already aching heart.

Ant's POV

I sat on the roof shaking and sobbing as I buried my face in my hands, Simon had struck me; Simon was angry with me...just like he had been earlier.