Two

A loud cracking sound, much like thunder, rang out in the night sky. Olivia's heart leapt into her throat as she squinted in an attempt to get a closer look. A large mass, who she assumed could only be Hagrid and Harry, crash-landed into the marsh. Her mind ran wild as she rushed down the stairs, through the house, and out the front door. Molly and Ginny weren't far behind her.

The three women waited anxiously for Harry and Hagrid to appear out of the tall grass. Olivia kept her eyes glued to the sky, hoping that the others would arrive. When Ginny spotted Harry she ran over and threw her arms around him in relief. Hagrid's hair and beard were more of a mess than usual, as he lifted the goggles off of his eyes and stared down at Molly and Olivia.

"What happened? Where are the others?", Molly asked taking Olivia's trembling hand in her own. Hagrid hesitated, trying to decide the right words to say.

"They were on us right from the start Molly, we didn't stand a chance.", he finally answered, shaking his head sadly.

"Well, thank goodness you two are alright.", Molly smiled, trying her best to keep her voice steady.

"Did either of you happen to see George? Please, tell me he's okay!", Olivia pleaded, needing answers.

"I'm sorry. Everything was a mess and we lost sight of everyone else.", Harry apologized. "But he's with Lupin and I know he'll keep him safe.", he added reassuringly before turning to follow Molly and Ginny inside. Stubbornly, Olivia stood rooted to the spot, refusing to move until George returned. To her relief, it wasn't long until another flash of light appeared in the distance.

"Help!", Remus Lupin's desperate voice rang out as Olivia and Harry ran towards it. Lupin was struggling to hold up a semi-conscious George, who had blood pouring out the side of his head and down his neck. 

"What happened?", Olivia cried taking in the sight of him.

"He was hit with a curse, I'm sorry Miss Greenwood.", Lupin apologized breathlessly, while Harry threw George's other arm over his shoulder and helped drag him into the house. Olivia followed close behind them, her mind racing.

Startled by the appearance of her son, Molly sprang into action and cleared a space on the couch. Harry and Lupin took special care to lay him down while he moaned in pain. Olivia ran to his side and tried to access the damage that had been done. George's left ear was completely gone and in its place sat a gaping hole. 

"I'm so sorry...", he whimpered, reaching out for Olivia.

"Shhh baby, don't be sorry. The important thing is that you came back to me.", she shushed him, intertwining her fingers with his. A small smile crept upon his face in response to her touch. Her vision became blurred as tears pooled in her eyes. Molly decided to give them a moment alone, while she got up to collect clean towels and gauze.

"I thought I was done for, but I knew how bloody pissed you'd be if I broke my promise.", he forced out a small laugh. 

"It's a good thing you kept it because if you had died, I would have had to kill you.", she whispered before leaning in to kiss his lips. 

"Is Fred and Dad back yet?", his tone changed as he winced in pain.

"I'll go and see if they've gotten back alright.", Olivia reassured him as Molly returned with her arms full of medical supplies. She stood up, giving Molly space to tend to George's wounds, then turned and headed for the front door.

Deep down Olivia knew that Fred and Arthur hadn't returned, because if they had, Fred would have been by George's side in seconds. When she stepped outside the others had all returned, leaving only Fred, Arthur and Mad-Eye unaccounted for. Everyone turned to face Olivia who had unknowingly begun to tremble.