Christmas Remix

Moving to a total different country and learning a total different language is hard. Specially when it has to do with work. It was my first day in my new home and the weather was quite chilly.

The difficult part of moving and unpacking was over and now I couldn't help but go around the neighborhood and see what was around.

"Well everyone is outside today." I told myself as I threw the boxes away in the trash can outside.

"Buongiorno Enriquetta!" The neighbor across from me yelled over to the neighbor on the left side of where I lived.

"Buongiorno Catalina!" The other lady from next door replied. "Oh!" I heard her say as I closed the lid of the trash can. "You must be the American girl."

I only raised my eyebrows as her English was actually good. "Why yes..?" I replied.

"Nice to meet you. I am Catalina, if you need anything in general, come over and I'll help." The lady said and I only nodded and waved goodbye to her and her friend too.

The other lady waved back and so I went inside. Coffee scent had now filled the air of the house and so I ran to the kitchen to remove the pot from the stove. It was now time to get breakfast and begin to start getting ready for the first day at my new office.

Once ready, out and about, I arrived at my new job with 15 minutes to spare and so I had time to look around the new office and studio. It felt nice to finally have my own place to make my own magic with music happen.

"Y/N! Bella you're here early." The new boss said as I walked into the floor the office was located.

"Hi Michele! Yeah, I guess my jet lag has now converted itself into adrenaline. I woke up before my alarm and so I finished unpacking instead. Even with that, I got in here early but it's fine. I could just look around and get familiar with my new office." I told Michele and he smiled at me as I approached his side.

"In that case, I'll have something amazing for you to work on. I have this group of boys that are in the middle of recording their first Christmas album. And honestly we need help in finishing the album up. Maybe you could give them some ideas after you check out what we have done and what we would like to do."

"Of course! I would be delighted to have my hands on something. Thanks once again for accepting me in your office and for sure you will see you chose the best music producer for any artist in your company." I said, proud and excited to be working with Michele.

He chuckled and walked with me as he showed me the floor and where I'll be spending most of me time. My office was the last place he showed me around as he had gotten a call and had to leave.

"I'll send you the file of what I have for my boy group. Let me know when you're finished so I can send them to you and see if you guys have any ideas together." Michele said. I nodded and he left quickly.

I had to work quickly just as I left my purse in one of the drawers and got the computer to turn on. This industry wasn't easy if you didn't show your true talent, but thankfully, in that open audition held by Michele I showed the judges what I was made off.

Not even half an hour passed and I had scanned everything that Michele had sent me. Now, I was up to date.  And just as Michele had said, this group had a lot to do. The album wasn't even halfway finished so I began to look through the music samples that got sent with the file.

I put my headphones on and began listening to the music samples, as well as the finished songs. Their voices were angelic and relaxing that I had even felt chills run down my back.

"Hi!" I heard in the distance and so I frowned as I knew that the 'Hi' didn't go with the music I was listening to.

"I don't think she can hear us." I heard another voice say in the back, not even making sense with the music. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a handsome, tall man having his face just inches away from mine.