Last Christmas

"Hello Detroit! How is everyone doing this cold December night? I hope cozy at home, enjoying a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate. For those driving home, you guys be careful as we all know there's a snow storm coming our way in a matter of hours. It is now 8:05pm and we are at 15°F with wind speed increasing as the night falls. Visibility is beginning to get bad as the storm is getting closer. But enough weather talk for now, and let's get started with this show!" The lady on the radio said. This radio station wasn't from my country but I still listened to it on my laptop. I was in Sicily, just finishing the last show of our tour and was resting finally at home with my family.

I fixed up my headset and placed the laptop on my lap as I was in bed. The time difference was huge but for me it was worth listening to this radio station this late at night. For me it was 2:05am and everyone in my house was sleep... or that's what I thought.

"Piero?" I slightly heard my name so I looked up, moving one side of my headset to hear clearly.

"Yes?"

"Just wanted to make sure you were good for tonight." My sister asked.

"I am perfectly comfy and warm. You should be asleep by now, why are you up this late?" I asked her.

"I got thirsty so I went downstairs to get some water. As I came up I saw your light on so I came to check on you." Maria asked.

"Oh I'm good, I just dropped something while watching a movie." I lied.

"Okay, just don't stay up late. You know what our parents have planned for us for tomorrow. Just get enough rest brother." Maria said before she closed the door behind her and went to her room.

That was close. I thought and sighed. I fixed my headset once more and began to listen.

"As all of you know now, it is time to answer one lucky caller and hear their best Christmas story. Today being December 18th, one week away from Christmas day, I give you Story #18." The lady said and the music of her radio show began. I fixed my blanket under the laptop and got ready to listen. "Alright, here we go. Let's see who answers. Hello?"

"Hi Jenny! Oh my God I'm tonight's lucky caller!" A girl cheered on the other side of the phone call, causing me to chuckle a bit as I remembered how my fans reacted when they saw my fellow members and myself.

"Hi girl! Would you like to tell us your name and do you want to remain anonymous?" The announcer asked.

"Let's say my name is Casey." The girl said now, a bit more calm than how she began to speak.

"In that case, welcome Casey to the Christmas Stories show with Jenny. Do want to choose a song for the background or just your voice sweetie?" The lady said.

"I want to choose Last Christmas by Wham!, it is perfect for the story I am about to share." The girl said and so a small part of the song was played.

"Alright Casey, I pass the mic to you now. Tell us your story and don't  you worry about interruptions. Ladies and gentlemen, here is your Christmas Story #18." The announcer last told us the listeners, before the girl began to say her story.

"So this story took place last year. It was the best holiday season in my entire life, yet the moment went by so fast. I got sad after I finally realized the person whom helped me smile again was gone. I began to miss him, I still miss him and I hope he is happy wherever he is. I doubt he is listening to this but if so all I have to say to you is Thank You." There was a pause as she had to get her breath back.