Carols

"Alright kids calm down! Thanksgiving break is over and now we are back in school. We still have 3 weeks left for the Christmas break so let's get focused." Our history teacher shouted as we all slowly got quiet.

"Okay. So I thought of the best way to do our final..." Everyone began to whine and groan when they heard the word 'final'. "Guys! I know it's a pain for you but that is why I am about to announce yours first. It will involve Christmas Carols."

Now everyone gave their attention to him. "Yes. Your final will be singing. But just not any song of your choice nor singing on your own."

Another groaning moment. "I have assigned you into groups of four so we will have 6 groups. Each group will be able to pick a random country from the ones we have learned this semester, from a list I have made. From that country your group chooses, you will be singing a carol from that country. But first let's get into groups."

"Great. So original." I heard one of my classmates say. They were both guys so they began to joke around and did some handshakes.

"Okay everyone, get your stuff ready to move around. First group is..." And so the teacher began to name us one by one and form the first 2 groups. Then he began with the 3rd one.

"Ignazio, Piero, Gianluca and Harmony will be group 3. You guys can sit on the left side of my desk."

"Umm... Who's Harmony?" One of guys raised his hand and shouted.

'You've got to be kidding me.' I thought.

The entire class began to laugh and I only sighed. I wasn't really surprised to hear this since I was the quiet one of the class, plus I sat all the way in the back.

"You guys it's not funny. Harmony sweetie come sit down over here." The teacher said and I got up and headed to where two of the guys named were there already.

"She's Harmony?" The last guy that belonged in my group asked as he came towards our table.

'I've literally been here all semester long.'

"Stop it Gianluca and sit down. Class!" The teacher began to shout and continued to name everyone around in groups.

"So... Who here sings good?" The funny guy of the class asked in a whispering way. "For sure you do because I have heard you are like a legend in choir class."

He pointed out to the guy next to him, whom wore some black glasses. "Yes. But that doesn't mean I will be doing all the work understood?" He said.

My eyebrow only raised in fake astonishment. At least he wasn't bragging about it like Gianluca did after the guy asked him if he sang.

"Well I'm in theater so yes I know how to sing. We do these things called musicals so you actually have to know how to sing." Gianluca replied.

I couldn't really stop myself but I had rolled my eyes at his comment. Like... No one cares!

"I could sing if I'm imitating someone. So I guess that's valid. We are definitely going to get that perfect score. Wait... Do you sing?"

My eyes widen up as I noticed how all 3 boys were staring at me. 'They really want to know.'

"No." I simply lied and replied.

Yes, I lied. I do know how to sing but I am definitely not going to be singing in front of anyone. Just the walls of my bathroom have heard me howl and it should remain like that.

"Wait... So you're not even going to try and help out?" Gianluca asked.

"I am. I'll give you the ideas of whatever the teacher will want us to do. Then you will do the singing." I cleaned my hands with that comment... Or that's what I thought.