Lullaby

It was the Christmas of our beloved Maximiliano, or Max for short. Piero and you were trying to get pregnant after 5 years of marriage, and the miracle happened on the 1st day of spring.

Max was just 2 weeks old and the entire Barone family wanted to have you and your baby home for Christmas. Piero and you had been living in your own house in Naro, but Piero's parents insisted to stay over in their house.

Every Barone member was there, and to make the eve even better, Ignazio amd Gianluca came with their families to see our baby.

"Zio Nazio is home! Where is little Max? I can't wait to see meet him." Ignazio said as he went in the room you were with Max as you gave him his last meal of the day.

"Just be quiet Igna. I don't know if he's asleep already." Piero then showed up after Ignazio had barged in. Ignazio then saw that you were busy giving Max his bottle of milk and covered his mouth.

"It's okay. Come in, he's just eating." You told Ignazio. His face lighted up once again and he ran to greet you first. "Long time no see. How have you been?" You asked Ignazio.

"Oh you know, taking care of the business and enjoying my time with my family." Ignazio said.

"Sorry he just barged in like this. I told I wants if you were just going to lay him down to sleep or feed him." Piero jumped in. "That's why you weren't downstairs with the rest."

"It's alright Piero. It's normal that your friends want to meet Max. He is the center of attention this Christmas." You said and laughed and so did Piero.

"You must be either tired or just annoyed to have to show your baby to the first person that stands in front of you. Tell me Y/N, which one is you right now." Gianluca's voice came from the door. Everyone in the room turned to see Gian's head peaking out.

"Come on in and I'll give you an answer to that." You told Gianluca and he happily walked into the room.

"I'm sorry darling. You know I have no control over them whatsoever." Piero told you but you only smiled and shook your head.

"I know, that's why I'm not bothered at all. But maybe Mr. Hungrypants here is going to be cranky because he hasn't finished his bottle." You said as you checked if the baby had finished or not.

"Bad timing huh?" Gianluca said.

"No. He's almost finished anyways. He was hungry but I tell he's also tired and wants to sleep. So before he sleeps, you guys can meet Max." You told Ignazio and Gianluca as you twisted the bottle off his mouth and cleaned him up with a wipe.

"Can I do the great honour Mrs. Barone?" Ignazio said as he stretched his arms towards you.

You smiled and uncovered Maximiliano, showing his precious being to his new adopted uncles. Both Ignazio and Gianluca leaned in and saw baby Max. Both said he looked like Piero and you only laughed as it was true.

"You better teach him to call us Zio Gian and Zio Nazio." Ignazio said as he took Max from your arms. Just as he continued to talk with Piero and Gianluca, you fixed the towel you had in your shoulder in his and he said thanks.

"Oh you precious little thing! Hi! Hi baby! I'm your Zio Ignazio amd I will make sure that Y/ N is happy to let me babysit you." Ignazio told Max, whom happened to be only staring at him.

"Let me see the baby." Gianluca said and stood next to Ignazio. You got up and put the empty bottle in the bag where his formula was.

"Do you need any help with Max?" Piero asked you.

"No, but he does need to burp. Tell Ignazio to do it." You told Piero and it was as if you had given him a candy because his face lighted up. With no hesitation, Piero went over to where Ignazio was about to give Max to Gian.

"Nah ah. Ignazio has to let Max burp first. He has the golden towel in his shoulder, unless you guys want him to puke over you." Piero said and you noticed that all Max's bottles were now dirty.

"I'll be back boys." You said but the 3 guys seemed to have ignored you. Not 10 minutes later, you walked back in the room and it was a complete chaos.

All 3 of them were arguing while Max was crying loudly. "Guys!" You shouted in confusion and got the attention of all 3.

Baby Max still cried and all you did was point at your baby. Without a word, Gianluca spoke first, "Maxi burped once you stepped out. So I wanted to hold him while Ignazio left the towel in the bag, but he said no and Piero took him.

"Yes. But Gianluca kept insisting and rose his voice as to why he couldn't hold Max. Then Max began to cry." Piero said.

"So I came along and was about to take Max from Piero's arms so I can make him laugh a bit with silly faces but he refused." Ignazio said.

"Stop. Guys, don't you see the baby is tired now? All he wants to do is sleep." You told all 3 of them.

They looked at each other and let Gianluca hold Max. "Fine, you sleep him now." Ignazio said and put Max in Gian's arms.

"But!"

"No. You wanted to carry him, now you have him." Ignazio said amd crossed his arms.

"Max is not a toy guys. He's a baby. And Piero..." You said and he only stood there, waiting to hear how you'll be nagging on him. "...you know what to do when he starts crying."

"Oh yeah!" Piero said and quickly went to sit at the small piano in the corner of the room.

"That's just going to make the baby cry even more." Gianluca shouted over Max's louder cries.

"I think you're the one who is making him cry more." Ignazio said and you couldn't help but to laugh.

Piero began to play the keys gently and Max's cries lowered down a bit. "Ignazio, you start." Piero said before the entire song began.

Ignazio frowned and listened to the melody. Was it a lullaby? No... It was a Christmas song. He smiled at the melody and nodded in agreement. Ignazio cleared his throat and began to sing.

You smiled widely as Maximiliano was now quiet and calm, blinking sleepily as his nap time was catching up to him. Piero then took Max from Gian's arms and began to rock him in his arms, only this time he only hummed the last verse of the song.

"He has music in him too." Ignazio whispered to you. You smiled even more and only nodded in agreement.

"We'll leave now so the baby can sleep. See you guys downstairs." Gianluca said amd dragged Ignazio with him. Both giggled quietly as they closed the door of the room, leaving Piero and you alone.

"Please tell me you're not angry anymore." Piero looked at you with wide eyes. You saw how he looked holding your child and so you had to take your phone out. "What are you doing?"

"I have to take a picture of this moment. It's going to the album and definitely it's a keeper." You said and opened your camera.

That's when you noticed that Piero gave you his smolder as he hold Max in his arms. You quickly took the picture and smirked. "Ohhh this one is just for me." You said and he walked next to you to see the picture. He laughed and placed a gentle kiss in your cheek. "Oh come here!" You said and pulled Piero gently towards you, without waking Max up, and kiss him gently.

"Merry Christmas Y/N." Piero said after the kiss and your foreheads leaned on each other's. Both now looked down at Max and smiled.

"Merry Christmas amore mio." You replied just as the clocks in the house struck midnight.

The End

----------------------------
Extremely short story but cute and adorable ain't it? I enjoyed writing it and by far its my fave... Specially because of the picture above LOL! Be safe guys! And Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers! ~Bridget