Chapter 39

Let you put me in a cage just so I can open itHandcuffed, hands up, this is dope to meOh, you thought you had me captured? So funnyBetter run from me, I don't think you really understand what this does for meI dress bummy, but I clean up nice, the...

Handcuffed, hands up, this is dope to me
Oh, you thought you had me captured? So funny
Better run from me, I don't think you really understand what this does for me
I dress bummy, but I clean up nice, they ain't never seen this side of me
Long T-shirt, they eyein' me
Rules don't apply to me
You better give me my privacy
I got the fans I got because I'm takin' them behind the scenes
You played hide-and-seek, I played hide-from-me, agh!

KNOW - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

My heart cracked as I watched my mother fall to the floor. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. I had to watch while the guards fussed over my mother's almost lifeless body while I ran away.

"The food was poisoned!" Elias yelled, dragging me out of the room, Evan following behind us.

I can't believe he's alive. I missed his so much and him being here makes my heart leap. My love was here. He was here for me, for us.

"C'mon! Quickly!" Elias whispered as we made our way to the kitchens.

The halls were filled with guards running around frantically, trying to find people and get help. It was complete chaos. An orchestrated chaos at that.

My mother was making a great sacrifice for me. Just so I could be with someone I loved. I knew she wasn't dead but I was scared. I didn't want to lose her like I almost lost Evander.

I mean, what would happen if my father found out it was all a plot to help me escape? What would he do to her? I saw what he did when she tried to convince him to stop this whole Nobel business so what would he do if he knew she foiled his plans?

When we arrived at the kitchens, Achilles was waiting for us at the service entrance with a black jeep for us. It was unmarked, not one of my fathers.

"Althea, Evander, you need to drive to the quarry on the other side of town. Elias, you have to drive so you don't arise suspicion." He explained.

"What about my mother; will she be—"

"She'll be fine. When you get to the quarry, there will be a jet that's hidden. Evan, you need to spit into the bottle and smash the glass on the ground to be revealed. Only your DNA can break the cloaking spell I put on it."

My mind was spinning. Spells?! Was Achilles supernatural too?! Did he plan all this to help me get out? I'd question Evander about this later.

"However, once the spell is broken, your father will be able to sense you. You'll need to act fast if you don't want to be caught. Once I wake Althaia, I'll teleport myself to you and fly the jet. You need to leave now."

Elias rushed to the drivers seat and Evan hopped in the back with me. I quickly pulled up the divider as soon as he started to drive and threw myself onto Evander.

"I've missed you so much!" I cried.

He wrapped his arms around me, "Me too, but I'm here now. We are going to leave here and get a better life away from all this. I promise you..." he said, stroking my hair.

I smiled softly as he leaned in to kiss me. My mind went into a frenzy as our lips meshed. All those thoughts I had of not being able to hold him again melted away and I finally felt complete...

"I'm never going to leave you..."

♠️♠️♠️