Chapter 3

They laughin', they tell me I'll never get outI'm just tryna be me, I am nobody elseI don't care what you think, I'm just bein' myselfSo I guess for now

I'm just tryna be me, I am nobody else
I don't care what you think, I'm just bein' myself
So I guess for now

I'll just be the outcast

OUTCAST - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

It had just gone past eleven o'clock and I knew that whatever guards my father had roaming around would be onto the opposite side of the manor by now.

I grabbed my bag and made sure my shoes were properly laced and walked out onto the balcony. Pushing my bag over the edge, I watched as it hit the ground below with a muffled thud.

Taking extra caution I waited just in case any of the security guards came lurking before launching myself off of the railing and landed on my feet next to my bag. It wasn't a far drop so I was alright.

I grabbed the bag and ran towards the edge of the land owned my by father and made my way to the delivery gate. I knew that the head chef was always last of the kitchen staff to leave and would use the delivery gate to leave.

I hid behind one of the stone pillars near the gate, so not to be spotted by any unwanted eyes.

Checking my watch to make sure I wasn't late, the black, iron gate started to creak open and soon enough, the headlights of a matte black vehicle could be seen, slowly crushing the gravel on the drive as it left.

As soon as the car was out of view I quickly made a beeline for the empty space before the gate would start to close again.

I continued to run into the trees that surrounded my fathers land.

Adrenaline rushed through me as I made it to the outskirts of the woods, getting closer and closer to freedom.

I had never been beyond the small forest without a car and wasn't sure what to expect. I was always driven around so I never did see what was outside, courtesy of the tinted windows on all of my father's vehicles.

I started to slow down my pace as I made it to a road. The night was cold and unwelcoming. It was dead silent. Nothing but the wind and nighttime creatures could be heard and it brought a sense of discomposure over me.

Looking up to the half moon, I walked in its direction, hoping that I'd find a small town or something.

After about half an hour of walking aimlessly, I'd started to regret my decision. I should've thought this through and got a map or something.

Huffing in exhaustion, I sat down underneath a tree at the edge of the road to rest.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 10 going on to 11 in the dead of night. I'd been walking for almost three hours and hadn't got anywhere.

The sky was coloured indigo and I could see the moon at its peak in the opposite direction I came from.

I took my water from my bag and started to drink. How on Earth do travellers and hikers do it?!

My pondering was interrupted by shouting in the distance.

"Shit!" I cursed, choking on my water. I quickly scrambled to get up and ran into the trees that outlined the road on the other side, no longer running south but west.

I knew those voices anywhere and if I didn't get away fast, my father's fýlakes would catch me and I'd be locked in my room for all eternity.

(Guards)

I continued to run further into the foliage away from the guards. There was no way in hell I was gonna go back. No way in hell!

Not stopping to take a breath, I continued to run, with the nagging sensation that they were close by. My anxiousness causing my carelessness and forcing me to not to watch my surroundings as I found myself head first into a stream.

"At least it's not mud..." I sighed to myself.

Pushing myself off the floor, I discovered that I was bleeding.

"Fucking great!" I cursed.

I tried moving my leg with much effort. I could still walk I think. I started the trek with a wince as I continued west.

Deciding that I was far enough from the guards, I continued to walk quickly. I guess I'll have to find a small town another way...

Just don't get caught and I should be fine.

I'm not going back.

♠️♠️♠️