Chapter One ♚ Practice Makes Perfect

AN: Blake's outfit for when she is fighting Will is on the left, the rest of the chapter is to the right.

Blake Anne Hopper panted as she swung her sword toward William Turner, a loud clash being heard as her weapon hit his

"Is this all you have to offer, William, truly?" She smirked, hair framing her face, "Don't go easy just because I'm a woman."

The pair grunted as Blake swung again, causing Will to jump back slightly. William stilled, eyes trailing up the blade to meet Blake's green eyes.

"Trust me, Miss Hopper," Will smiled lightly, "Any woman that chooses to wear trousers is a woman I wish not to upset."

Blake hummed, a dark glint flashing through her eyes as she tilted her head to the side, "I suppose that is a good idea."

Will took a step around an imaginary circle, making Blake step the other way, maintaining her relationship with the man. Their blades clashed harshly and Blake suddenly turned, swinging the chain that was to their left, hanging over a rafter beam toward Will.

"This is cheating!" Will snickered, the man ducking wide-eyed.

Blake swung once more, chain smashes across Will's sword, disarming him. She quickly halted his movements, by pushing his knee out from under him, the man landing with a hard thud to the dirt floor.

Her boot was pressed against his chest as she chuckled, sword behind her as she bent down a bit to lean on her knee.

"So," She smirked, brow raised proudly, "How does it feel to be bested by a woman..."

She trailed off, scrunching her nose and looking to the side as she pretended to think, "One hundred and twenty-three times in a row?"

"Must you keep track?" Will huffed, shaking his head against the straw that was on the floor.

Blake smiled, "Of course. What else should satisfy my ego, William?"

"I suppose I shall be your court jester, Miss Hopper," Will sighed, suppressing a smile as he trailed his eyes up her leg before finding her face that was only a mere two feet from his.

The woman above him rolled her eyes, throwing her sword to the ground before she bent on her knees to sit beside him, saying, "Must you call me Miss Hopper? I told you, Will, please call me Blake."

"I will call you what you wish when you no longer keep track."

Blake groaned and moved to lay on the floor beside him, eyes immediately finding the wooden rafters above them. Will turned his head to her a bit before he followed her gaze, the pair settling into a bit of silence.

After a few minutes, Will sighed, thoughts scattering, "Tomorrow is a big day for you?"

"Please don't remind me," Blake groaned in distaste, hands clenching at her sides, "It is not something I wish to think about."