Chapter Three ♚ Captain Barbossa

AN: Blake's outfit is the same as the last chapter, given that it is the same day.

Also, a few things will be changed from the movie for dramatic effect, as I am following both the movie and the script, taking what I find best fits the story.

It was as if there was a network of whisperers along the town of Port Royal

Within moments of Captain Jack Sparrow's escape, everyone in the vicinity knew what had happened the women of the governor's household, allowing William Turner to quickly make his way through the crowd to find Blake.

Upon seeing the man, Blake couldn't help the relieved look on her face, picking up her wet night dress and quickly making her way over to him. Blake wrapped her arms around his waist and Will's eyes widened, heart speeding up at the feeling of the woman in his arms.

"How did you hear?" Blake looked up to him, hair pressing against her face from still being damp as she pulled back slightly.

Will gave her a worried look, sweeping the air behind her ear and taking ahold of her chin, "I heard that a pirate took you and Miss Swann hostage? How did you end up in the water?"

"Commodore Norrington took my attention away from Lizzie and her corset was put on incorrectly. It constricted her breathing and she fell over the parapet. She nearly missed the rocks on the coast."

Will's eyes widened and he put his hands on her shoulders, lightly shaking her, "You jumped as well?! What were you thinking? You could have been hurt!"

"I was partially in shock over everything, William," Blake scoffed, voice going an octave higher, "Elizabeth fell over as the Commodore proposed and I didn't know what to do-"

Will cut her off, voice seemingly almost gone as his heart sunk in his chest, "The Commodore proposed?"

Blake's mouth bubbled for a moment before she licked her lips, looking to the dirt ground as she shook her head.

"I think... I think he was going to," She whispered, "He was saying I had become a fine woman and mentioned marriage to one. I blocked him out once I saw Lizzie struggling."

Will took a step back making Blake look back up at him as he said, "Did you accept, Miss Hopper?"

Blake's breathe caught in her throat and she choked on her words, only managing to shake her head as her answer.

"No, I did not... though it is only a matter of time before he asks once more. Uncle will demand that I say yes," She wrapped her arms around herself, a slight shiver running down her back as the breeze hit her dripping skin through her nightgown.

Will noticed this and immediately removed his coat, placing it atop her shoulders. Blake gave him a thankful smile as she put her arms through the sleeves, the smell of iron and fire smoke enveloping her nose.