Chapter 12

When Destiny woke up the next day, she was still in pain. She was pretty sure that she had broken a rib, and no doubt others. She had spent her dream trying to think of a way to help her friends, and had finally come up with something. She flipped up her covers and struggled out of bed. She gasped in pain, but went anyway to her bag. She grabbed a little parcel out of it and wobbled back to her bed. She uncovered the little package and smiled. Her father had provided her with a special tea that would help mend her bones. When she was younger she had hurt herself a lot, so he had bought this special tea called, oh, she couldn't remember at the moment. It would help her, but it wouldn't make the pain go completely away. At least I'll be able to move and help. Instead of being stuck in bed. It's my fault anyway that we're in this mess. Destiny put the tea packet in the water, then waited a couple minutes. When it had steeped for the right amount of time, she drank all of it, down to the last drop. She lay in her bed for a moment and let the tea work its magic. The pain inside her subsided, still there, but not unbearable. She grabbed her brush slowly, seeing if she could do this small, menial task. She smiled to herself as her senses didn't detect any additional pain. She brushed her hair and stood up, debating whether or not she should find the others. I don't want to cause a scene, and my being out of bed will make them annoyed.

She decided instead to go to the training area and summon Morpheus. She made her way slowly there. She knew she would need to save her strength so that she could prove she wasn't incapable of fighting. Once she got to the yard, she created Morpheus and pet his head gently. He nuzzled her and gave her a concerned look.

"I know," she said, smiling at him. "You don't think I should be out either, but I drank my dad's tea, and I'm fine." Her dragon bowed his head and puffed air at her. She patted his head and then let him disappear. She walked over to a bench in the yard and breathed deep. She was feeling almost as good as she had been, except for the headache and some stomach pain. She grabbed a rock from the ground and then her knife from her back. She had grabbed it when she left, and started sharpening it.

She hadn't noticed Cole until he said, "Feeling better already?" She jumped slightly and looked over at him.

"Yes, my father gave me this tea that helps mend your wounds, so I used it, and it's helping." She answered.

"We're heading to the Dark Island in two days. Wu wanted us to train until we head off. If you wanted, I could help you. Or if you want to sit out today, you could watch me beat the other guys." He said, smiling.

Destiny laughed, then told him, "Or you can watch me beat you."

He grinned. "You're on." She smiled and stood up, knowing that she was probably about to be beaten. She set her knife down and got into a fight stance. She watched as Cole did the same, and she thought for a second. He's stronger and more skilled than me, but if I'm crafty, I might win. Maybe. She sprinted towards him and swung her foot upwards to his stomach. He caught her foot and flung it backwards. Thankfully, Sensei Wu had taught her how to get out of that kind of situation. She used the momentum of his push to curve her back and land on her hands, momentarily upside down. When her feet hit the ground Cole charged at her, and she made her whole body phase. He ran right through her, and she stepped to the side. He had apparently made a wall of rock behind her, which he now crashed into. He stumbled a bit as he broke through his rocks, and she took her shot. She ran at him and jumped, landing for second on his back and pushing down with all her weight, launching off and landing again on her hands. He hadn't fallen over, and Destiny only had a moment to think, serves you right for such a fancy move, before he sent a cloud of dirt into the air. The dust went straight into her eyes, and she rubbed them quickly, trying to clear them.

The dust dispersed, and she saw Cole right next to her. He grabbed her shoulders and pushed downward. Caught off guard, Destiny's knees buckled and she fell down on them. Cole kept pushing, and Destiny knew she didn't have long before he would topple her completely. A crazy idea came to her, and she phased herself, and he fell through her. She rolled to the side and stood up, smiling. Wow, I actually won. That's surprising, she thought as she stood over Cole.