Chapter 6

The two of them raced into the monastery. Some of the ninja had left earlier; Destiny had seen them fly away as she went to find Sensei. But now they were back, and clearly in an uproar.

She and Jay reached them just as Lloyd said, "The golden armor is compromised. Borg was kidnapped-"

"By Grimfax's warriors," Akita put in, growling. Destiny felt surprise hit her hard. Kidnapped?

Sensei Wu's face darkened. "A sudden change, and now he's after the golden armor, something which he wouldn't have any knowledge about?"

"It's bad, Sensei." Cole said off to one side. "We have no clue where the armor even is, so we can't even go there to try and guard it."

"Just another day in Ninjago." Jay laughed, slightly hysterically. She gave him an exasperated look, but continued to listen.

"Zane, can you and Pixal do a sonar sweep of Ninjago? Take Akita with you to try and find Grimfax or his warriors." Sensei directed.

"I'll know Grimfax when I see him." Zane confirmed. He and Akita took off running.

"Cole, when or if they find anything, take Destiny and Jay to investigate." Destiny jerked her head at mention of her name, forgetting that she would, of course, have a role.

"Yes, Sensei!" Cole answered.

"In the meantime, practice your skills or gear up. We need to be ready in case of anything." Wu told them. Destiny bowed slightly, but inside she felt terrible. She hadn't remembered that she would probably have to ride with Cole again. So much for staying away.

"Kai, Nya, and Lloyd. Go search the outskirts of Ninjago for signs of a portal opening. If nothing turns up, go search the Birchwood Forest and Glacier Barrens." Wu ordered the remaining ninja.

"On it!" Nya said, rushing with the others to the gates. Wu left them, a concentrated expression on his face.

Cole turned to her and Jay, saying, "Well, I guess now we train."

Destiny scowled at him. "How? There are rocks everywhere!" It was true. The training area was covered in clumps of rocks, as if someone sprinkled it with pebbles.

Cole looked around, then exclaimed, "Oh, woops..."

"It's fine," Jay said, coming to Cole's defense. "We've had to clean up plenty of messes before. Remember that time Kai set fire to the monastery?"

Destiny's scowl deepened as she walked away. Why am I so annoyed? It's not my fault he used the training area properly. She sighed. Destiny walked over to a large boulder and pressed both her hands on to it. Closing her eyes she focused on melding with the rock. She felt her hands drift into the boulder, and the rock itself give way to her power. Slowly, she guided it back into the ground, pushing it under the surface. She opened her eyes and walked over to a second, larger rock. She repeated the process, pulling the stone back to the ground. She smiled for a moment, her annoyance at her assignment fading away. She noticed Cole pushing on one of the spikes and she quickly turned away. She went over to a smaller rock, this time picking it up. Her hands hardened to steel, and she smashed it between her hands. The ground started to tremble, and she whirled to look at Cole.

He was staring at the ground as a hole appeared, yelling, "Stop!"

The ground was shaking terribly as Jay called from somewhere, "Cole! Stop using your powers!"

"I-I can't!" Cole yelled frantically. Destiny toppled over, falling to the ground. She gasped as she continued to fall, the ground covering up to her waist. She started to hyperventilate, pulling at the ground.