Chapter 11

"Ow!" Destiny groaned. She opened her eyes as a headache pounded. She was in what looked like a dark ice cave, laying in a bamboo cage with black cuffs on both her hands and feet. All around her were warriors like the ones on the Dark Island. A big rock giant stood watching her, which she felt was creepy. But then again, they had captured her.

"Good, you're awake." It said, amused. Its voice sounded like stones scraping together.

She sat up, not without a struggle, and responded. "Why am I here? Who are you? What do you want with me?" The giant laughed, an ear-splitting noise that almost made Destiny unconscious again.

"You were brought here due to the fact that you're a Density Elementalist. My name is Commander Bour, and you are going to fetch the Golden Armor for us." Destiny was surprised that he answered each question. "I'm afraid that's all the information you get, though." He taunted.

"I won't help you." She said flatly. Destiny had a feeling she should be terrified, but her fight with Cole was still fresh in her mind, and she was still angry. Commander Bour grinned at her, or the rock equivalent.

"You will. Even if it takes a while, you'll crack. Everyone I capture always does."

Alarm swelled inside her, and she asked, "Where's Borg?!" The giant's grin widened.

"Like I said, no more information for you." With that, the Commander walked heavily away. Destiny curled up in the corner of the cage, trying to make herself small. She let a tear fall down, then thought, Will they bother trying to find me? After that fight with Cole, will he even care? A warrior walked over and set a tray inside the cage. It had a piece of bread and a glass of water on it. After he had walked away, she grabbed the bread and scarfed it down. She hadn't known how hungry she was until she had seen the food. But the bread tasted weird, like it had been dipped in something. Instantly, her stomach clenched, and pain shot throughout her body. She writhed on the ground, and heard heavy footsteps walk next to the cage.

"You see?" That was Commander Bour. "I've only just begun too." He cackled and thumped away, leaving Destiny to writhe.

Once the pain had subsided, Destiny curled back into her ball. If I get out of this, the first thing I do will be to tell Cole I'm sorry. Destiny closed her eyes and fell into a restless sleep, shivering from the cold the ice cave gave off. She hadn't even made it to the reef before Destiny was slapped awake. A warrior was in her cage with her when she opened her eyes, holding a sword. All the other warriors were circled around the cage, watching.

"Begin!" someone yelled, and the warrior came at her with his sword. Waking fully, she shot to her feet and dodged him. She tried to kick his back, but the chain was too short, and she fell over. He turned around and swung the sword down at her. Just before it collided with her, Destiny rolled away, hitting the side of the cage. She got up with difficulty, swaying slightly to the side. As soon as she got up the warrior punched her in the gut, and she fell back down. The crowd of warriors cheered, and the one who was attacking her bowed. He was let out of the cage, and another one stepped in. Oh no. She thought, struggling to stand.

The Commander stepped into view, and smiled. "Unlock her feet." The warrior inside walked close to her and undid the chain. As soon as he had, she kicked up, landing a blow to his face. He went flying to the cage's door, banging against it. She wobbled a bit, but got into a hasty fighting stance. The warrior got up and charged her. She dodged to the left, and kicked him from the side as he ran past. She heard a crack from his ribs, and he gasped in pain. Two warriors opened the cage and retrieved the fallen warrior. Destiny backed into the corner of the cage, gasping and holding her stomach. The two warriors came back in and held her down as they re-locked her leg chains. They left the cage, and locked the door behind them. She crumpled to the ground, and let out a cry of pain. The onlookers dispersed, and the Commander walked closer to the cage, but when he spoke he addressed the army.