Chapter 9

When she got back to the monastery, Destiny was exhausted. However, she still felt amused and excited at the look on Jay's face when she flew into the training area. She slid off Morpheus and he disappeared.

"Did you find anything?" Sensei Wu asked, running up to Cole.

"Yes," Cole responded to Sensei. Zane stepped forward and handed the report to Sensei.

"This is good. We can use this to find Borg." He said after he'd read it.

"The only problem is that they somehow knew we were in their camp," Nya told him. "It may be a trap, since they obviously were expecting us."

Destiny turned and walked to her room, so much on her mind that she forgot they might need her. When she got to her room, she set her knife down and brushed her hair. Once she was done, she lay in her bed, thinking.

Have I liked him since I got here? Her heart squeezed in the affirmative. I guess it started when I held his hand the first time. Destiny's hand tingled like they had just held hands. But does he feel the same way? Destiny sighed and rolled over in her bed. Probably not. She remembered what Nya had said, "He'll catch up." Right, that's comforting. Not. Destiny sighed again. That's enough. I'm going to sleep, and I'm going to NOT think about this. Slowly she fell asleep, and the familiar water rose up around her. Her annoyance had stayed with her though, even in the dream. She felt like doing something spontaneous, and probably dumb. She took a deep breath, and dived into the water. She swam downward into the darkness, pushing against an upward current. She was surprised that she didn't find any creature waiting for her. In fact, She realized she was breathing, and the darkness was getting brighter. Soon she came to the bottom, which was as bright as if it was above the surface in the day. A woman stood in the middle of a coral reef, and Destiny swam closer. With a gasp, she realized it was her mom. Her black hair was streaked with grey, but her eyes shone.

"Destiny!" She yelled. Destiny swam as fast as she could and enveloped her mom in a hug. Tears came to her eyes, and she squeezed her mother tight.

"Mom! How can you? I mean, how is this possible?" She asked looking up. Her mother smiled and brushed Destiny's hair off her face.

"Don't worry child, I'm not really here. But I'm so proud of you for coming down here." Destiny stared at her mother.

"What is this place?" she asked.

"This is your, how to say it? Your paradise. Whenever you dream, you can come down here for safety." Her mother answered.

"Will you be here each time?" Destiny questioned hopefully.

"Unfortunately, no. This sort of thing happens only once. We Elemental Masters of Density never get a night without a dream, but it doesn't always have to be a bad one."

Destiny was confused for a moment. "Then why are you here now?"

Her mother's smile deepened. "When we first discover our paradise, the person we long to see the most comes to us. I just got lucky that you wanted to see me."

Destiny looked back down and said, "Oh, mom. Everything is so weird right now. There's this guy, and I'm a ninja now, and-"

"It's ok honey." Her mother soothed. "We can sit here till you wake up, and talk about it." They sat down and her mother held Destiny while listening. Destiny told her about Cole, and about joining the ninja.

"He's not like anybody I've ever met. He's kind, and gentlemanly, and funny too."

Her mother smiled. "He sounds like a nice young man."