Izuru Kamukura's Demise

ANGST TIME AGAIN!

TW: S*ICIDE, GRIEVANCE, DEATH

This one is slightly longer than usual ones, yuh.

--
Angst
Timeline: after the hope ARC that was altered to hell and back by yours truly
Setting: A vague hallway
3rd POV
--

"Kamukura-kun? Are you alright?" Komaeda tapped on Kamukura's shoulder. He lowered his gaze and turned to face the inky-haired man. "I am alright." Kamukura glanced around the dark room. Each shadow seemed to mock him silently.  Komaeda took the other's hand and lead him back to the bedroom. "Oh, by the way, why were you outside like all day? Don't tell me you were trying to hide a body?" Komaeda joked.

He remembered Komaeda walking towards the door that lead to a dark and empty hallway. It was as if these strange events were just small errors. Nothing to fuss about. Normal flaws. Just unexpected difficulties in the day.

--

"Izuru?"

Kamukura could barely hear the words the luckster uttered. The luckster. Nagito. The one who could mollify most heavy feelings in the air. Komaeda sighed after he didn't get any answer. The albino noticed the change in Kamukura's behavior, it wasn't too concerning at first, but now it was very concerning. Komaeda pondered this fact. He didn't have many things to consider, as Kamukura wasn't easy to read, so he came to the conclusion that he did something wrong.

"I'm sorry if I upset you."

Komaeda had his eyes glued to the floor. He still didn't get Kamukura's attention. Did he even deserve his attention? He'd ask himself occasionally if he truly did or not.

"Hey, Izuru?"

Yet again, more silence. It was as if his pleas were insufficient— he felt insufficient.

"K-"

Kamukura turned around and stared at something just beyond the lichen-eyed of the two. To Komaeda, Kamukura seemed alert or provoked. What could he do in this situation—it's not like he's ever been ignored like this.. Well, actually yes but..

This actually called for something inside his stomach to turn uncomfortably, seeing Kamukura like this. It wasn't completely out-of-character, knowing Kamukura's personality. Even though, it wasn't common for Kamukura to seem this distracted as he did.

Kamukura moved forward, gracefully stepping to the side. Komaeda stopped him, grabbed both of Kamukura's shoulders and spoke his name once again.

"Izuru?" he plead.

"..?"

Kamukura blinked and shook his head. He looked lightheaded and appeared to be slightly paler.

"Nagito."

Kamukura's eyes filled with a hesitant worry, Komaeda looked upset. "Something on your mind?" Komaeda smirked slyly, even thought he didn't feel like smiling right now.

Kamukura's eyes were sharp. He was distorted and taken off gaurd. Perhaps his hallucinations were now a prior issue, they both wouldn't know but when they did, it didn't matter (because it's a g-) as it was pointless in the end.

When the two started their relationship they dealt with many ups and downs. Too many personal issues and many other things. They were now closer than they were back then. They trusted each other. They could rely on each other. They could support eachother and they both enjoyed being together. Breaking a bond as strong as the one they shared would be difficult, perhaps only a malevolent inevitability was the only thing able to tear them down, a malevolent inevitability stronger than the inconveniences they've already dealt with in the past.