Shots [Part 2]

[Text has been eradicated bc I said so]

Anyways, onto the one-shot

--
Fluff
Timeline: Some random AU
Setting: The doctor's (wherever that may be)
Izuru's POV
--

"Kamukura-kuna?"

"What is it."

The dreaded question awaited me.

"Are we there yet?"

My eye twitched out of annoyance. If he asks me this same disgusting question one more time-

"No."

He fell silent. My tensed shoulders relaxed, as I wouldn't have to scream at Nagito. We should be arriving within ten minutes or so. Surely, a regular nurse would commiserate, considering Komaeda's condition. I can almost feel the distress or awkwardness emanating from him whenever his dreadful condition is brought up. He used to be so open about it, well more or less. It seems as if it actually bothers him now, which is strange. I was focused on the view ahead of me, I could assume Komaeda was gazing aimlessly. The afternoon sun was not as blinding as usual, hm.

There was a recent incident that happened not too long ago. Me and Komaeda were walking with some of Komaeda's acquaintances, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu and Kazuichi Souda.

︎(Flashback)▪︎

"To hell with that, why would you want to pull some stunt like that?!" With that response, my interest was piqued. The other three were having some sort of conversation that did not interest me until now. I glanced at Fuyuhiko as he had a "Mad-because-he-doesn't-understand-and-because-it-sounds-stupid" look on his face. I glanced at Nagito who had an oblivious facial expression. It was safe to assume it was Komaeda that said the questionable. Hell, almost everything he says is the questionable, he does have few good points though every now and then. I averted my gaze back to the path ahead of me while still listening to their conversation.

"Come on, isn't it a bit rude to judge me like thatt?" He asked. Fuyuhiko scoffed and replied with a snarky, "Well, sorry no offense little miss hope but, the way you think is just fucked up!" He wasn't wrong, though he sure was making a spectacle out of us.

Komaeda sighed. "Ah yes, scum like me shouldn't gloat about my useless ideas." Here we go..

I was silent and continued along walking. Kazuichi was falling behind slightly as he seemed to be distracted by whatever was on his phone.

"Hey, Kamukura, what exactly is wrong with him again?" He asked. I close my eyes. I thought about the question directed to me. "That is none of my buisness to tell openly." He scoffed and asked Komaeda the same question, just worded differently.

"Ah.." he started wearily. I sighed.

..

"We're here."

I directed my gaze to Nagito. He eyes were weary. "Come on, it's not like you're going to die." I know my reassurance skills could be better, but at least I'm trying. He got up and we made our way to the inside of the hospital. "Hey, Izuru-kun," he started. I looked at him. "Hm."

"How long do shots usually take?"

"Listen Komaeda, you're being anxious over nothing. They should at most take ten minutes." My voice was irritated. He nodded and looked down.

We entered with no issues, today seemed peaceful here. No one in the lobby was on the verge of dying, that's new. The lobby itself was empty. Strange. We both walked up to the reception desk and saw two nurses sitting about. They seemed boring. Nagito spoke up, "Uhm, hello. I'm here for my shots to be updated, Nagito Komaeda." He finished. Both glanced to Komaeda and one spoke up. "Alright, can you sign right there please?" She asked while handing a pen to Nagito. He nodded and signed swiftly before placing the pen down on the counter. Komaeda pulled the sleeve of my overcoat and led me to the lobby. We sat down and waited for Komaeda to be called. As we were seated he let go of the hem of my overcoat and stared at the floor. "..."

Nagito's POV

"N-nagito Komaeda?" A lady with long midnight purple hair asked. "That's me." I said with a nervous smile. I stood up and walked to the lady. Before we could progress, she shakily spoke out, "U-uhm, sorry b-but who is he?" She asked. I looked over my shoulder and saw Izuru standing there with his usually empty stare. He was glaring at her which seemed to make her nervous. "Oh uh-" I was cut off from none other than Izuru Kamukura himself. "I am his significant other."

I gave an awkward smile and waited for something to happen. "O-h! I-I'm terribly sorryy!" She bowed her head and I laughed a bit. "It's okay, really." I gave her a smile and we stood there for a bit. "I-I am sorry, b-but he isn't allowed to go p-past here."

"..Oh?" Izuru said. Hopefully, no conflict starts. I was looking at him and he seemed to understand and not say anything from there on out. He nodded. "O-okay, please follow me." I followed her and gave a nervous smile to no one in particular. We walked through the empty halls and into a generic hospital room. I took a seat on the edge of the hospital bed. "P-please wait one m-moment." With that, she was gone. I looked upon a few posters and at the supplies in the room. I looked out of the window, to try to calm my nerves.