Apollo POV (3)

Sally Jackson was delighted to see me and Meg- I wish I could say the same about Percy Jackson. When he saw me, he had slammed the door to his room shut and Annabeth had to go into his room to retrieve him. Percy and Annabeth- dating... Now that was definitely something- nothing unexpected- but defiantly something. 

Annabeth and Percy being inseparable best friends was scary enough, but now that they were even more attached to each other, that was terrifying for the gods.  Ah, it felt like just yesterday they were twelve and making complicated handshakes, just for the sake of confusing people. It had been quite the journey watching them grow up. Exhausting, really. Ridiculously hard to keep up with. There was the Rachel drama, than Luke, than Calypso, than Reyna, and that plot twist with Nico- and wow. They were one of my favorite couples to watch on up on Olympus. Alas, now that I had stood in their shoes as a hero for a little, I had sympathy for the pair. Having your life being watched by some weirdos in the sky- not fun. Especially when they're your parents. 

"Good morning!" the warm Sally Jackson greeted us, interrupting my thoughts. "I have breakfast for you two." She said as she placed two plates of blue pancakes in front of us.

"Thank you," me and Meg said in unison as we ate. I noticed that Sally's belly had grown since we had last seen her. 

"So, how far along are you?" I asked her. Now reader, you should NEVER and I mean NEVER- under no circumstance should you comment on a person's size, especially a pregnant women. Only give them positive compliments that doesn't objectify them. Understand? Good.

"About 5 months"

"Cool," Meg said, "Can you pass the syrup?"

When Annabeth finally lured Percy out of his room, they both sat down and ate with us. They both picked at their food. I noticed that their hands stayed intertwined under the table, despite the difficulty that came with eating like that. Me, Sally, and Paul made mindless small talk while we ate. Although, throughout the meal, Paul and Sally kept shooting Percy and Annabeth nervous glances. "Apollo we should probably get going,"  Percy said, getting up from the table. 

"Love you," Annabeth said, looking up to Percy and pecking his lips. 

"Love you too," he responded. Despite the obvious fear they were hiding from having to be apart, they were adorable. Don't you just love young couples with separation anxiety? 

_________________________________________________________

"So," I said awkwardly, "what's new?" Me and Percy had been walking to school silently for five minutes. 

"Nothing much," it was barley audible. I was wondering why he was acting so...distant. Then I remembered- him and Chase had been to Tartarus. Basically the Hell in our universe. With that, I didn't really know what to say. 

"How's Annabeth?"

"Good," I kind of got the feeling that he didn't want to talk to me. 

So there I was, the mighty Apollo, walking silently to high school with someone who I used to look at as my inferior. Unfortunately, this was no longer so. And those were my final thoughts before stepping into what would now be my prison for the next year.